After searching / reading some of the other topics here, I think I found the basic cause of my dryer issue - the Thermal Fuse (3392519
). I checked it with my meter - measured as an 'open', and when I by-passed the fuse, the dryer started fine.
My question is - what is the likely cause for this to fail? I assume the build-up of lint which would prevent proper air-flow and heat build-up, correct? Is there anything else that I should be concerned with? I'm cleaning it up now, including the rigid vent piping....which had more lint than I expected. If I didn't know better, it looks as though we run the dryer without the lint filter in place.
Thanks for your thoughts - this site has saved me on a number of occasions!