Forum > Heating & Air Conditioning Repair

LWHD1200R Lg win unit top right evap coils freezing / blockage?

(1/2) > >>

Sajor:
Hi all;
I'm trying to fix my window unit. It's an LG LWHD1200R. It was working great 'till yesterday (100F +) when I got home and found that the upper right quadrant of the evap coil had frozen. Specifically the second coil on the right side. The lower coils are not even getting cold. The fins are a bit clogged in parts, but clear over all. Could this be just dirt? Or could it be a bigger issue? I would take it to a pro for servicing, but I don't have the money at the moment, and it's getting real hot out there. Any help troubleshooting and fixing this unit would be greatly appreciated.

Sajor:
Does anybody know if it is possible for the evaporator coils to get blocked inside in window units? I can't think what else would cause for one side of the coil to freeze while the rest remains at room temp. If it where a lack of refrigerant It would still get an even cool on the whole coil right? Do these units have service ports? Any idea what kind of refrigerant the take?

Any help would be appreciated

domain:
Low charge equals frost/ice on first few passes/runs of the coil. Many factors overall. Should not have PORTS on this unit.

Sajor:

--- Quote from: domain on July 01, 2013, 09:46:25 PM ---Low charge equals frost/ice on first few passes/runs of the coil. Many factors overall. Should not have PORTS on this unit.

--- End quote ---

So if it is out of warranty, basically toss it? Seems so wasteful

domain:
this is what we call "Progress" heard that on this site i believe. Go the world!
 :-\

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version