365-Day Hassle Free Return Policy!  ·  AppliancePartsPros.com
Washer Parts  ·  Dryer Parts  ·  Refrigerator Parts  ·  Dishwasher Parts  ·  Range & Oven Parts  ·  All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Sourcing for new appliances at wholesale?  (Read 196 times)

Offline andersenappliance

• Technician
Sourcing for new appliances at wholesale?
« on: June 26, 2013, 06:42:50 PM »
I've had a couple of inquiries from landlords & apartments about getting good pricing for new appliances.  They want to know if I could get them the appliances that they use in their units.

These are usually basic stuff.  I don't think that there would be huge volume, at least not at first, but there might be a bit of price mark-up, and delivery and installation revenue, not to mention a way to build closer relationships with the customer.

Anybody have suggestions? 

Any experience doing this?

Any comments /  opinions?

I'm kinda thinking sears/kenmore might be the way to go, but maybe some of the manufacturers would have a program that fits.

Offline dentdaddy

• Technician
Re: Sourcing for new appliances at wholesale?
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2013, 09:03:42 PM »
Check in to Crosley. They have a product line specifically for us "little guys". We sell them in our store and they do well. The refrigeration, cooking and front load laundry are made for Crosley by Frigidaire, and the top load laundry is made by Whirlpool. Check out the Crosley website, I think there's a link for "more info" and you can inquire about the closest distributor to you. They have a decent finance department.

Good luck!
Good work isn't cheap. Cheap work isn't good.
SW Oklahoma

• Technician
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2013, 10:47:50 AM »
Thanks DD!

I'll take a look at it.

Offline ApplianceGuru

• Technician
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2013, 12:36:18 AM »
I have checked out or local Crosley dealer, and I can buy stuff through Best Buy, or Lowes at the same price
Appliance Heating & Air Tech

Offline Wedgeman55

• Technician
  • Man vs Appliance - Never give up, Never surrender
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2013, 03:21:30 AM »
I personally don't think it's a good idea to get into selling units unless you have a store and infrastructrure to do deliveries,  etc.   For the extra revenue,  you could do an extra service call a day.   At least where I'm at in a large city.   Too many other options for customer.     But,  if your out in rural america somewhere,  it might work for you.     I sold some commercial units when I first started,   but the headache of installing,  lifting,  etc.  wasn't worth the hassle.     
Commercial Laundry repair Tech and Installer  1973 to 1980
Service Manager / Technician Commercial Laundry repair company 1980 to 2002
Refrigeration - HVAC - Boiler School 1974-1976
Electronic School 1978-1979
Self Employed Appliance Repair Company 2002 to present

Offline dab147315

• Technician
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2013, 05:31:39 PM »
Were i live we have P.C Richards were i can buy wholesale and comes in handy sometimes as i can save customer money and have to pay so sales and and have it delivered and the old one taken away.Can save them more money on stuff over a 7 or 8 hundred dollars than lower price appliances.Sometimes just sell them a whirlpool gas dryer at a little over my cost on a cheap dryer and also same them the sales tax for myself and charge them a hook up fee to change fixable gas live and so new vent.On some of these refrigerator that our big bucks i can save hundreds and still made a couple hundred for myself and don't even have to go to there home at all.They go to P.C Richards and pick out the model # and call me with it and i tell them what i can sell it to them for And if they say yes call the whole sale department and set up a delivery and they deliver it.I just tell wholesale what the price is and make  money for just a phone call to me.Customer saves money and i make money.Then P.C Richards cuts me a check for the balance they owe me.Customer pays P.C Richard direct after delivery.Customer does have to make sure no dents Etc.

Offline Wedgeman55

• Technician
  • Man vs Appliance - Never give up, Never surrender
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2013, 02:13:32 AM »
Dab,  sounds like you have a good deal going with that.   I'm glad that is working for you.    Around us,   too many options and competition for customers.    None of the service companies around us sell appliances.    Too thin of a profit margin to make it worth while.    But if you can make money on gas lines, vent,  great.    I get enough service where I don't really need to do this.      My whole thing is,  I don't want to be moving appliances.     I'm too old for that crap.   
Commercial Laundry repair Tech and Installer  1973 to 1980
Service Manager / Technician Commercial Laundry repair company 1980 to 2002
Refrigeration - HVAC - Boiler School 1974-1976
Electronic School 1978-1979
Self Employed Appliance Repair Company 2002 to present

Offline dentdaddy

• Technician
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2013, 10:14:23 AM »
Honestly I can't wait to be out of the retail business. It's such a headache to unbox, store it, employees to sell it, delivering it, etc. It's a good revenue generator but I'd sell the whole shebang right this minute for payoff of my bills just to be out of it.
Good work isn't cheap. Cheap work isn't good.
SW Oklahoma

• Technician
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2013, 07:58:11 PM »
I've had people ask, and I don't have anything against it, but I'm not ready to open up an appliance store.  If I was to do that, I'd sell used.  I just was wondering if there was a source for something for landlords, etc. that could be ordered and delivered, cutting out the showroom.

wholesale used scratch and dent appliances

Started by hesterappliance

Replies: 11
Views: 136
Last post April 15, 2013, 10:38:07 PM
by schleven
newfangled electronic appliances

Started by RegUS_PatOff

Replies: 4
Views: 64
Last post March 23, 2008, 12:24:35 PM
by RegUS_PatOff
booby trapped appliances

Started by BrntToast

Replies: 2
Views: 85
Last post April 01, 2008, 04:12:27 PM
by JWWebster
SubZero appliances

Started by JWWebster

Replies: 5
Views: 105
Last post February 11, 2011, 11:08:42 AM
by ryan111
Your thoughts on GE appliances and GE warranty work?

Started by AJ

Replies: 7
Views: 152
Last post June 03, 2011, 11:34:27 AM
by PARTech
Selling Used Appliances

Started by blondejon

Replies: 38
Views: 371
Last post June 27, 2011, 11:52:02 AM
by AJ