Forum > Washer Repair

Coin ops do's and dont's?

(1/2) > >>

dentdaddy:
I recently picked up a new apartment complex and they have quite a few coin op units needing repair. These are mostly Frigidaire "commercial" units, although they appear to be the same size as residential machines. Are the parts in these the same as residential washers and dryers? Also, how do you go about cheating the coin mechanism to do your testing/diagnosis?

Thanks in advance.

dentdaddy:
FYI these are newer style frontload washers.

LowSL2:
You need the key to access the coin box. Once its open, you can see the mechanism that turns the washer on without coins. And you can access the bolt that holds the top to the frame (to avoid tampering). They're pretty much like a normal, residential unit. I haven't needed to advance the timer on one yet. I'm sure there's a way to do it by taking the front panel off.

Congrats on the big contract though. O0

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Bailey:
They are just household washers with a coin box bolted to the top. First chance you get, look into that compartment and see what size deep well socket it will take to remove the nut that holds the top down. I don't now why the bolt is 3 inches long and a lock nut to boot. My biggest problem is the timer by the slot has to be in the right position to send power down to the regular timer. I get a call that the machine won't start. I turn the upper timer until the switch arm falls into the groove on the cam and then the pushbutton will start the machine. I think what happens is the user puts the money in and then loads the clothes. By the time they want to start it the upper timer has advanced past the point where it will allow you to do that. I think this whole set up is makeshift at best.

Wedgeman55:
To advance timer,   take off security nut,    take 4 screws off back,  and top will slide forward.    It you get to timer shaft,  you can manually advance it by turning timer.    Pain in the ass to go through all that.   The start timer works likes this.    there are numbers on the start mechanism.    You position the white arm on the number of coin throws you want to start.    For example,  if it is on two,  it would take two coin pushes to start machine.   If you had a 75 cent coin slide,  then it would take 1:50 to start.    As it goes around,   you can push the start button to start machine.    When the metal arm is raised up by the white raised coin selector,   the start timer stops.      I have an apartment owner that owns about 10 of these.    Hate doing the bellows on these,  especially if you don't have alot of room to work.  Most of time,  you get stuff jammed into coin boot.    Have to clean out or put in new pump. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version