365-Day Hassle Free Return Policy!  ·  AppliancePartsPros.com
Washer Parts  ·  Dryer Parts  ·  Refrigerator Parts  ·  Dishwasher Parts  ·  Range & Oven Parts  ·  All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Annoying Customers  (Read 116 times)

Offline LowSL2

• Technician
  • Fletch F. Fletch
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
Annoying Customers
« on: June 20, 2013, 09:20:14 AM »
I had a call for myself a couple weeks ago on a direct drive w/p washer. Diagnosed it as a bad timer because of no neutral drain. I ordered the timer and told the customer not to use it unless he had to. UPS lost the timer so I had to re order it. The customer has been calling me three or four times a day asking if it came in yet. I keep telling him, I will let him know the instant it comes in. And apologize for the inconvienance. He still keeps calling. Anyone deal with things like this?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

LowSL2
15 Years of Professional Appliance Repair Experience

Offline Patricio

• Technician
  • Tight Lines
Re: Annoying Customers
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2013, 10:35:11 AM »
How about this one.   3 years ago I repaired a lawn mower for a lady.   Carb needed rebuild, ran great.  13 months later she called saying I worked on the mower & it does not work now.  She left it out in the rain, Of course it had a water problem.   Expected me to warrant it.

Months ago she calls me for a non working icemaker & water dispenser.   Water filter needs to be replaced.   I put a water filter plug in & say I would order a filter, she declines & wants me to leave it plugged.  I tell her that's not a good idea the refer really needs a filter.  Says her son will put one on.   Well 3 days ago she calls & says I worked on her refer & it does not work now, expects me to repair cause I 'worked' on it.   Turns out the GE evap fan is not running & explain the different senairios, ie. mother board replacement also & prices.  Also tell she has the unit plugged into a multi adapter plug that does not have an ground prong as well has a M/V & a humidifier.

Tells me she has all this money in it & expects me to repair.    I charged her a diagnostic fee plus the cost of a plug.

I quoted a price & said I will repair but expect to get paid.   She authorized, I have a feeling down the road she will call again when her water problem returns from not Having a filter.
Great Old Fashion Hometown Service

Offline Wedgeman55

• Technician
  • Man vs Appliance - Never give up, Never surrender
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2013, 03:31:40 AM »
Low,  everyone has annoying customers.    I have one lady who will call and call.    I tell them the same as you,   when the part comes in i will call.     I tell them everyone gets parts from same place,  and can't get them faster.    Not much you can do. 

As for you Patricio,   I just tell them that the problem they have is a different one from the one they have now.    On my invoice,  I have "30 days labor,  90 days on parts"    I'll pull the invoice if they get into a pissing match with me.     I have one apartment owner,  always calls and says I just fixed something and now it's broke again.    I always tell them - If it is something I fixed and its still under warranty period,  It'll be taken care of.     But most of the time,  it's something else.    Don't let them bully you.   
Commercial Laundry repair Tech and Installer  1973 to 1980
Service Manager / Technician Commercial Laundry repair company 1980 to 2002
Refrigeration - HVAC - Boiler School 1974-1976
Electronic School 1978-1979
Self Employed Appliance Repair Company 2002 to present

Online RAH52

• Technician
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2013, 05:54:58 AM »
How about a customer that phones 2 years later and says the washer you repaired hasn't worked right since the day you repaired it .I questioned her about this and her comeback is ...I've been too busy to call .I basically started to laugh ...ya right .

Offline Wedgeman55

• Technician
  • Man vs Appliance - Never give up, Never surrender
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2013, 02:59:52 AM »
Rah,  You are so right.   I get a call now and then from a customer,  and she will say you just fixed dryer and its not working.    I always check.     Just happened last month.    The "just fixed dryer" was 3 years ago.   She said it didn't seem that long ago.   Got to give them credit,  they try...............
Commercial Laundry repair Tech and Installer  1973 to 1980
Service Manager / Technician Commercial Laundry repair company 1980 to 2002
Refrigeration - HVAC - Boiler School 1974-1976
Electronic School 1978-1979
Self Employed Appliance Repair Company 2002 to present

Nasty Customers

Started by schaffersapplian

Replies: 6
Views: 131
Last post July 28, 2009, 10:48:10 PM
by BrntToast
Do you call customers back after a completed service call?

Started by AJ

Replies: 15
Views: 325
Last post March 24, 2013, 01:36:59 AM
by Wedgeman55
Connecting your business with local customers

Started by AJ

Replies: 2
Views: 103
Last post June 08, 2011, 10:27:27 PM
by theoldstoveguy
Special order parts that customers never pick up?

Started by AJ

Replies: 4
Views: 81
Last post August 13, 2011, 09:16:35 PM
by theoldstoveguy
Dealing with customers...

Started by whirlpooltech

Replies: 16
Views: 249
Last post November 15, 2011, 04:35:50 PM
by rego
Elderly customers