Author Topic: Kenmore Topload (110.24932202) Fills, Agitates for 5 Minutes then Stops  (Read 555 times)

Offline rockinrobin

• Technician
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
    • Ransom Mobile Appliance Repair Service
This Washer will Fill with Water, Agitate for 5 Minutes then Stops.  I can get it to restart by moving the Dial to the Rinse setting but it will stop again after 5 Minutes.
[/size]Also, it won't Drain or Spin (totally dead) and the Lid Switch clicks when closing the lid.
[/size]Therefore, could it be the Drive Motor, Capacitor, Timer or something else (please include instruction's on how to check electrical part with multimeter)?

Offline JWWebster

• Technician
  • SublimeMasterJW
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
    • JW's Sublime Appliance Advice
What I do is I unplug the motor and I have a test rig I made out of an old washer. I plug the motor to it and check to see if the motor washes and spins attached to the washing machine. If it passes that test I know it is the timer. I suspect that is what it is too from the way you describe it. I use an analog meter to check the cap. The cap should not show open (needle don't move) or closed circuit (needle goes all the way over and stays) It should hop up and drop back down and when leads are reverse do the same. never have seen any harness problems but I did come across a motor with a bad overload:
May the hinges of our friendship
        never grow rusty.

About the icons: The beer is tip link, if a tech saves ya some money buy em a 6 pack. The small green square=personal message. The green dot is a link to my web page on appliance repair and other general BS I love to post. The letter sends me email.
I love fan letters! LOL

Kenmore Series 80 washer only agitates for a few minutes

Started by ccissell

Replies: 1
Views: 496
Last post June 25, 2013, 01:33:35 PM
by Bailey
Whirlpool Topload FILLS THEN STOPS (SAWS800MQ0)

Started by rockinrobin

Replies: 4
Views: 640
Last post July 17, 2013, 10:12:17 PM
by rockinrobin
Kenmore Washer will not drain or spin, agitates on the agitate lo cylce only

Started by mattz

Replies: 5
Views: 9187
Last post March 11, 2008, 09:21:43 AM
by mattz
whirlpool washer stops after it agitates.....

Started by spaceannie54

Replies: 6
Views: 2494
Last post July 13, 2008, 09:00:38 PM
by whirlpooltech
Maytag Atlantis Washer, fills starts stops

Started by crazeddad

Replies: 10
Views: 5696
Last post August 17, 2008, 09:57:54 AM
by Repair-man
Kenmore Agitates, Drains but not spin