Forum > Dryer Repair

Frigidaire Dryer

<< < (2/2)

afterblast:
worth mentioning that even if you find the element grounding out you still want to check the limits...   had one of these where I found the element doing exactly that.. went back with a new one only to find it had also blown a limit and was only displaying the error code for the element...   can't remember the exact model #

crossroadsapp:
Thank all of you for your answers I did get it fixed. Thanks especially to DOMAIN for telling me it was a 3 element heater (1 element was out), when I saw the glow of the heater I just ASSUMED it was working, shame on me, I should have known better after being a tech for 22 yrs.  :thanks:

JWWebster:
Cool

JWWebster:
My notes:
I am working on a Frigidaire Affinity dryer model # FASE7074LA0 that has an E64 code,  does anyone have any info on this code as there is no tech sheet in the machine. The heater and everything works and it will run for about 2 mins. then quits and flashes code.

Read more: http://appliancejunk.com/forums/index.php?topic=12320.0#ixzz2XHPG7Wn6

E64 is a Heater Open Circuit. Check heating element, connections and wiring.

This unit utilizes a 3 stage heater, one of the stages is probably open. Last one I had had 1 of 3 coils open. Replaced with new element and cleared the codes....

Worth mentioning that even if you find the element grounding out you still want to check the limits...   had one of these where I found the element doing exactly that.. went back with a new one only to find it had also blown a limit and was only displaying the error code for the element...   can't remember the exact model #

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version