Author Topic: Maytag Electric (PYE2300AYW): Stops after 2 minutes only in Heat Cycle  (Read 936 times)

Offline rockinrobin

• VIP Member
This Dryer stops running after 2 minutes when using a Heat Cycle (doesn't stop running on Air Dry-No Heat Cycle).
Removed ventilation hose but didn't resolve the issue.
Therefore, could it be related to the High-Limit T-Stat, Cycling T-Stat or Air Flow Blockage due to lint build up in the Dryer Air Duct?

Offline dab147315

• Technician
These dyers are known for lint build up where lint filter goes and rounded out blower wheel.Take front off to check blower wheel and clean out lint shroud after you take front panel off.Shroud can be taken all apart after removing two torx screws when you open door to put clothes in dryer. Then you separate the plastic shroud after pulling the bottom gasket off bottom to take plastic lint shroud out to clean out lint.That being said cycling thermostat and hi- limit has nothing to do with dryer shutting off after two minutes.After stopping will it start back up again when you push the start button?It does have thermostat by heater that can blow and make the whole dyer shut off but is a one time deal.Check power cord at back of dryer for loose or burn,t connection.Also where power cord plugs in to outlet for burn,t connection .Worse dryer ever made in my opinion.Lint always builds up in the shroud and its a very good idea to clean it out on any of these dryers you hit.Very easily to work on.Bad design.

Offline JWWebster

• Technician
  • SublimeMasterJW
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
    • JW's Sublime Appliance Advice
I have one in the back yard right now to work on just like this one. It is dead. Gonna make a video of the repair and post it
May the hinges of our friendship
        never grow rusty.

About the icons: The beer is tip link, if a tech saves ya some money buy em a 6 pack. The small green square=personal message. The green dot is a link to my web page on appliance repair and other general BS I love to post. The letter sends me email.
I love fan letters! LOL

Offline dab147315

• Technician
Bad design but you could work on it from front and make easy money.Also may want to wiggle timer knob to see if you can make it stop tumbling with heat on.

Offline rockinrobin

• VIP Member
These dyers are known for lint build up where lint filter goes and rounded out blower wheel.Take front off to check blower wheel and clean out lint shroud after you take front panel off.Shroud can be taken all apart after removing two torx screws when you open door to put clothes in dryer. Then you separate the plastic shroud after pulling the bottom gasket off bottom to take plastic lint shroud out to clean out lint.That being said cycling thermostat and hi- limit has nothing to do with dryer shutting off after two minutes.After stopping will it start back up again when you push the start button?It does have thermostat by heater that can blow and make the whole dyer shut off but is a one time deal.Check power cord at back of dryer for loose or burn,t connection.Also where power cord plugs in to outlet for burn,t connection .Worse dryer ever made in my opinion.Lint always builds up in the shroud and its a very good idea to clean it out on any of these dryers you hit.Very easily to work on.Bad design.

I can restart it after 30 minutes then it runs for 2 minutes on Heat Cycle then shuts off.
I think it's the Drive Motor according to other post's I read that had the same problem.

Offline dab147315

• Technician
Sounds like motor to me too.

Offline JWWebster

• Technician
  • SublimeMasterJW
I installed a LA 1053 kit in the dryer. Video coming soon. It was 15 minutes long but after cutting the cuss wurds out I got down to 3 minutes
        never grow rusty.

About the icons: The beer is tip link, if a tech saves ya some money buy em a 6 pack. The small green square=personal message. The green dot is a link to my web page on appliance repair and other general BS I love to post. The letter sends me email.
I love fan letters! LOL

Offline dab147315

• Technician
No cuss words?Editors.

Offline JWWebster

• Technician
  • SublimeMasterJW
I looked up your model number and this one I fixed today is just like it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kk8Bu08wsL0&feature=youtu.be
        never grow rusty.

I love fan letters! LOL

Offline JWWebster

• Technician
  • SublimeMasterJW
Now that you have an idea how to inspect the dryer look it over and see what ya might find out. While making the video I got a visitor which kinda throwed me off making a through video but I managed to take the time to show him some of the diagnosis process:
« Last Edit: June 10, 2013, 07:31:40 PM by JWWebster »
        never grow rusty.

I love fan letters! LOL

Maytag electric dryer won't heat

Started by coolair

Replies: 6
Views: 2194
Last post January 10, 2009, 10:19:19 AM
by JWWebster
Maytag Electric Dryer does not heat

Started by rbm

Replies: 1
Views: 1310
Last post September 28, 2009, 06:03:12 PM
by JWWebster
maytag halo of heat Electric dryer de806.

Started by jayb280

Replies: 17
Views: 2156
Last post January 31, 2013, 12:44:44 PM
by jayb280
Maytag performa stops after about 10 minutes

Started by Andy Mosbrucker

Replies: 4
Views: 443
Last post September 09, 2013, 08:18:01 PM
by AJ
Whirlpool ThinTwin Dryer stops 30 minutes into dry cycle

Started by NJ Mom

Replies: 2
Views: 429
Last post April 30, 2014, 05:59:57 PM
by NJ Mom
Video: How to check voltage at cord on a Maytag electric dryer.

Started by AJ

Replies: 0
Views: 6247
Last post July 31, 2007, 12:38:27 PM
by AJ