Forum > Dryer Repair

Maytag Electric (PYE2300AYW): Stops after 2 minutes only in Heat Cycle

(1/2) > >>

rockinrobin:
This Dryer stops running after 2 minutes when using a Heat Cycle (doesn't stop running on Air Dry-No Heat Cycle).
Removed ventilation hose but didn't resolve the issue.
Therefore, could it be related to the High-Limit T-Stat, Cycling T-Stat or Air Flow Blockage due to lint build up in the Dryer Air Duct?

dab147315:
These dyers are known for lint build up where lint filter goes and rounded out blower wheel.Take front off to check blower wheel and clean out lint shroud after you take front panel off.Shroud can be taken all apart after removing two torx screws when you open door to put clothes in dryer. Then you separate the plastic shroud after pulling the bottom gasket off bottom to take plastic lint shroud out to clean out lint.That being said cycling thermostat and hi- limit has nothing to do with dryer shutting off after two minutes.After stopping will it start back up again when you push the start button?It does have thermostat by heater that can blow and make the whole dyer shut off but is a one time deal.Check power cord at back of dryer for loose or burn,t connection.Also where power cord plugs in to outlet for burn,t connection .Worse dryer ever made in my opinion.Lint always builds up in the shroud and its a very good idea to clean it out on any of these dryers you hit.Very easily to work on.Bad design.

JWWebster:
I have one in the back yard right now to work on just like this one. It is dead. Gonna make a video of the repair and post it

dab147315:
Bad design but you could work on it from front and make easy money.Also may want to wiggle timer knob to see if you can make it stop tumbling with heat on.

rockinrobin:

--- Quote from: dab147315 on June 10, 2013, 12:39:13 PM ---These dyers are known for lint build up where lint filter goes and rounded out blower wheel.Take front off to check blower wheel and clean out lint shroud after you take front panel off.Shroud can be taken all apart after removing two torx screws when you open door to put clothes in dryer. Then you separate the plastic shroud after pulling the bottom gasket off bottom to take plastic lint shroud out to clean out lint.That being said cycling thermostat and hi- limit has nothing to do with dryer shutting off after two minutes.After stopping will it start back up again when you push the start button?It does have thermostat by heater that can blow and make the whole dyer shut off but is a one time deal.Check power cord at back of dryer for loose or burn,t connection.Also where power cord plugs in to outlet for burn,t connection .Worse dryer ever made in my opinion.Lint always builds up in the shroud and its a very good idea to clean it out on any of these dryers you hit.Very easily to work on.Bad design.

--- End quote ---
I can restart it after 30 minutes then it runs for 2 minutes on Heat Cycle then shuts off.
I think it's the Drive Motor according to other post's I read that had the same problem.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version