Author Topic: Fluke CNX 3000 Wireless Multimeter System  (Read 3439 times)

Offline AJ

• Technician
    Administrator
    • ApplianceJunk.com - Appliance Repair
Fluke CNX 3000 Wireless Multimeter System
« on: June 02, 2013, 12:15:37 PM »
A few weeks ago Fluke contacted me asking for my shipping address saying they had a few things they wanted to send me.

I was happy to pass along my shipping address to them thinking that I would be receiving another Fluke hat, t-shirt or maybe even another voltage testing pen from them. All things I have enjoyed receiving from them in the past.

I don't hide the fact that I'm a big fan of Fluke multimeters. As I like to say, Fluke for life.

So a few weeks after Fluke asked for my shipping address I come home from a long day of work to find a good size brown box on my door step. Thinking it must be something the wife ordered I walk up to it, looked at the shipping label and seen it's from my friends at Fluke!

I bring the box into the house and rip into it like a kid on Christmas day.

Much to my surprise I find in the box a brand new, Fluke CNX 3000 General Maintenance System.

I'm in total shock at this point. This tops anything I ever could have expected to receive from Fluke.

The box also contained a lot of other goodies too. Such as a Fluke hat & t-shirt, Fluke Maglite and a Fluke key chain along with a letter from Fluke.

The letter starts out saying...

We're excited to include you in our exclusive field trial program with the newest addition to our Fluke Wireless family, Fluke CNX 3000 General Maintenance System. CNX wireless troubleshooting system is a set of tools that connect together wirelessly to allow you to do your job safely, conveniently and efficiently.

The Wireless Multimeter serves as the hub for the system and take reading from four types of wireless modulars: AC current clamp, iFlex current clamp, AC Voltage and temperature. These readings display on the single screen simultaneously from up to 20 meters away.

Having just received it at the end of last week I have not had time to play with it much until this weekend, but I wanted to post a few photos of it this weekend well I had the time as this coming week is looking to be a busy one for me again.

I'm really looking forward to testing out the iFlex clamp and the logging abilities of this system.

AJ's family of Fluke meters just got a little bigger...

The wireless modules are a really nice size in hand.

It all come in what feels like a well constructed heavy duty soft case that includes a pocket inside for the accessories like the test leads and iFlex cable.

The case also has a number of loops on the outside that I assume are there to hold addition items.

Looking at the outside of the box Fluke shows two additional wireless modules that I think would be ideal for troubleshooting appliances.

They are the Fluke CNX a3000 AC Wireless Current Clamp Module and the Fluke CNX t3000 K-Type Wireless Temperature Module.

I think the wireless clamp meter and wireless thermometer module would be two must have modules for this system, at least for my line of work. If Fluke needs someone to do some field testing on these two addition modules I would be more then happy to test them out.

A thermometer is something I use on a daily bases along with a clamp meter.

The logging ability of the wireless thermometer would be awesome for refrigerator and freezer repair along with taking oven and dryer temperature  readings.

Notice how old my clamp meter is in the first photo of this topic. Thinking it maybe time to replace it and the Fluke Wireless Current Clamp Module maybe just the ticket!

I have talked about replacing my old clamp meter with the Fluke 902 Clamp Meter but just never got around to making the purchase.

Now I'm thinking how great it would be to have a wireless clamp meter with logging ability such as the Fluke Wireless Current Clamp Module.

Thank you Fluke!
Hope you find our site helpful.

Offline LowSL2

• Technician
  • Fletch F. Fletch
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2013, 12:28:40 PM »
Lucky dog. O0

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
LowSL2
15 Years of Professional Appliance Repair Experience

Offline niobrara

• Technician
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2013, 02:13:40 PM »
WOW, sweet, keep us updated on how they work? :)

Online Patricio

• Technician
  • Tight Lines
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2013, 06:49:33 PM »
After you test them do you get to keep them?
Great Old Fashion Hometown Service

Offline AJ

• Technician
    Administrator
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2013, 07:08:14 PM »
Yes, they are mine to keep.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline bigbuck

• Technician
  • over 30 years repairing appliance
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2013, 08:21:05 PM »
WOW :banana:

Offline grizzitup

• VIP Member
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2013, 08:43:37 PM »
Pretty darn nice of Fluke. Congrats.

Offline niobrara

• Technician
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2013, 10:34:25 PM »
OK, you have had them long enough. Tell us about them. Whats good and bad!

Offline AJ

• Technician
    Administrator
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2013, 10:54:53 PM »
The wireless technology is interesting, but I have yet to find any new ways to use the wireless technology in the field for task that my old meter can't do, if that makes any sense.

To be honest I think the system that includes the wireless clamp meter and wireless thermometer would be much more practical for appliance repair type work.

I love the size of the wireless units. The main meter is kind of large compared to other Fluke VOM's I have used.

I have yet to try the logging feature as the logging software is for Windows operating systems only and I need to dig out a old computer in order to try it.

I have been swamp with work ever since receiving it and really have not got to play with it a lot. Lots of features and it almost seem like over kill for appliance repair work. I wonder if a HVAC guy or someone that does factory maintenance work would find more uses for it then a tech like myself?

Seem all the youtube reviews on it show factory maintenance or electricians using the wireless features in large power control panels and on robotic arms and such things.

Day in and day out I just keep using my old trusted Fluke VOM. Maybe when things slow down this fall/winter I will play around with the logging software.

Offline niobrara

• Technician
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2013, 11:02:58 PM »
Good review I bought one of the wireless field piece scales and really haven't found it to be as useful as I had thought it would be but to make myself feel better it was on sale thanks for the update. The stuff really looks cool.

Offline AJ

• Technician
    Administrator
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2013, 11:14:25 PM »
Wireless field piece scale, sounds interesting. Would be great if you could post a review of it for us.

I love reading reviews of different tools and equipment. I think the best reviews are the ones I come across on forums or personal blogs.
The reviews people post on Amazon are ok, but it's nice to see some different photos once in a while and read more then a two or three sentence review.

Offline JWWebster

• Technician
  • SublimeMasterJW
    • JW's Sublime Appliance Advice
« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2013, 08:20:04 AM »
Awesome. I want the hat. LOL
May the hinges of our friendship
        never grow rusty.

About the icons: The beer is tip link, if a tech saves ya some money buy em a 6 pack. The small green square=personal message. The green dot is a link to my web page on appliance repair and other general BS I love to post. The letter sends me email.
I love fan letters! LOL

Fluke 117 Multimeter

Started by dab147315

Replies: 1
Views: 1533
Last post August 05, 2013, 09:24:16 PM
by AJ
Fluke 902 True-rms HVAC Clamp Meter

Started by AJ

Replies: 0
Views: 2081
Last post February 22, 2011, 06:49:20 AM