Author Topic: Dansby wine cooler  (Read 786 times)

Offline Jill Granberry

• VIP Member
Dansby wine cooler
« on: May 19, 2013, 04:06:48 PM »
After a recent power surge/outage my dansby wine cooler does not cool. The temp stays at whatever the house's temp is. I can hear the pump working, but it wont cool.  Any suggestions?

Online andersenappliance

• Technician
Re: Dansby wine cooler
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2013, 10:32:13 PM »
My guess is that you are not hearing the "pump" (compressor) but are hearing the evap fan.  Check your relay/overload (its attached to the compressor in back).  If there was a power surge, it could have died.   Haven't worked on a Dansby, so I can't give you specifics.

You might look through the refrigerator forum for better info.  That's where AJ will move this to in a bit.

Online niobrara

• Technician
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2013, 11:41:08 PM »
Model number please ? Some of them do not run with compressors.

Offline RAH52

• Technician
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2013, 02:58:01 AM »
I do danby warranty work in Canada ,if its under warranty and has a sealed system issue the unit gets replaced by Danby .Out of warranty parts are not available ,I suppose you could use generic parts but its not worth it .Basically throw away if they break because they are cheap to buy in yhe first place .

Offline Brent@CanBC

• Technician
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2013, 04:51:24 PM »
Meter time.   Meter will tell you if your getting 120 volts.  Meter out the cold control to c if its closed.  Next, remove the plastic cover two the three motor leads and test the start wind'g.