365-Day Hassle Free Return Policy!  ·  AppliancePartsPros.com
Washer Parts  ·  Dryer Parts  ·  Refrigerator Parts  ·  Dishwasher Parts  ·  Range & Oven Parts  ·  All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Pet peeves  (Read 274 times)

Offline RAH52

• Technician
Pet peeves
« on: May 21, 2013, 04:12:18 PM »
What really pi$$es me off are technicians who DON'T put the tech sheet back after they use it .Went on a w/p cabrio that was throwing multiple codes ,went to get the tech sheet and the bag was empty .Thats when the attitude started ....I was told ,any technician who knows his trade shouldn't need to be looking for answers in the book .Apperently someone else was there before me changed the control board charged her $400 and didn't solve the problem .(and took off with the tech sheet ) . Now this guy won't come back .I just kept my mouth shut .

Online ScottyMo1

• Technician
Re: Pet peeves
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2013, 06:32:51 AM »
That sucks.... When I have customers that question why I'm looking at the tech sheet, I tell them I don't know all the answers, but I know where to find them.

Offline LowSL2

• Technician
  • Fletch F. Fletch
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2013, 09:10:18 AM »
I've never had a customer question why I was looking at the tech sheet. Most of the time they ask why the previous tech didn't look at it.

What really grinds my gears is where whirlpool is putting tech sheets on these new built in ovens. They put them outside, on top. So you have to pull the oven to get it. Thanks whirlpool....

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

LowSL2
15 Years of Professional Appliance Repair Experience

Offline AJ

• Technician
    Administrator
    • ApplianceJunk.com - Appliance Repair
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2013, 09:45:54 AM »
I can't wait until the day manufactures start putting a QR code on the model/serial number tag so we can scan it with our smart phone and instantly download all the tech data we would ever need.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/QR_code

:popcorn:

Offline JWWebster

• Technician
  • SublimeMasterJW
    • JW's Sublime Appliance Advice
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2013, 10:00:22 AM »
Why can't they simply put the tech sheet in with the use and care guide?
May the hinges of our friendship
        never grow rusty.

About the icons: The beer is tip link, if a tech saves ya some money buy em a 6 pack. The small green square=personal message. The green dot is a link to my web page on appliance repair and other general BS I love to post. The letter sends me email.
I love fan letters! LOL

Offline AJ

• Technician
    Administrator
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2013, 10:02:15 AM »
Why can't they simply put the tech sheet in with the use and care guide?

Because then the customer would get their hands on it and they don't want that.

Offline JWWebster

• Technician
  • SublimeMasterJW
    • JW's Sublime Appliance Advice
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2013, 10:03:55 AM »
Scared they might be able fix it themselves? LOL
May the hinges of our friendship
        never grow rusty.

About the icons: The beer is tip link, if a tech saves ya some money buy em a 6 pack. The small green square=personal message. The green dot is a link to my web page on appliance repair and other general BS I love to post. The letter sends me email.
I love fan letters! LOL

Offline theoldstoveguy

• Technician
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2013, 10:14:30 AM »
That code idea will never happen . They wouldn't be able to charge 500 bucks a year for access.

Offline AJ

• Technician
    Administrator
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2013, 10:39:12 AM »
That code idea will never happen . They wouldn't be able to charge 500 bucks a year for access.

Yes it will probably never happen, but they could charge for it.
In fact it would be real simple as all it would have to do is access the database at the servicematters.com website.

As it is now you have to manually go to servicematters.com, finding the page to search for tech sheets and then manually entering the model number. Then click on the link for the .pdf to view the tech sheet or service manual.

All the above steps could be built into the QR code. Scan the code and auto download the info. Of coarse first you login with your servicematters.com password that you paid $500.00 for. ;)

Scared they might be able fix it themselves? LOL

That or scared of a law suit if someone got hurt trying to repair it themselves, I don't really know...

Offline afterblast

• Technician
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2013, 08:31:22 PM »
I've had more customers who've lost their owners manual than those that have held on to it...    I figured they hid the tech sheets on the appliance so they'd have half a chance of being there...

the company I work for doesn't preorder parts... and we don't carry a huge amount of truckstock... because of this my biggest pet peeve is customers who don't understand why I have to order parts...      had this complaint on everything from control boards to oven heating elements to those goofy LG gas dryer parts...       we service all makes and models... and I drive a transit connect... theirs no way I'm going to have everything with me...  :D