Forum > Washer Repair

Unknown part name

(1/3) > >>

woody:
Maytag Washer - Atlantis Model MAV7200AWW, Serial # 19160323YZ.

There is a small rubber hose which runs from the Water Level Control Switch down into the bottom of the wash tub.

What is the name of that part at the bottom of the wash tub which the small rubber hose connects to?  Is it replaceable?  If so, how is it replaced?

AJ:
Hi woody,

I believe what your talking about is part of the tub.

Here is the parts diagram for your washer.

Diagram

You can really see in the diagram were that hose connects, but I know on any other tubs I have replaced it was always part of the tub.

What happen to your washer that you need that?

woody:
Thanks for your reply.

The machine would fill to overflowing and would not agitate.  The problem was intermittent. About 1 out of 7 or 8 times it would work fine but then it would go back to overflowing + no agitation.

As a result of my research I replaced the Water Inlet Valves and the Water Level Control pressure switch.  I checked all electrical contacts and wiring harnesses in the Control Panel.  All were OK.

The problem continued,

I then disconnected the Small Rubber Hose (lets call it the SRH, for Small Rubber Hose) which runs from the Water Level Control pressure switch down into the Air Dome ( I think the name of the part I asked about is called the Air Dome) on the side of the  lower outer wash tub.  I disconnected the SRH at the Air Dome, leaving the SRH connected to the Water Level Control pressure switch.  I set the machine on Fill and when the water reached the desired level I then gently bleu into the SRH, the Water Level Control switch clicked, the water flow stopped, and the agitator started.  I then clamped shut the SRH.  When the agitator cycle was completed and the water started to drain, I then released the clamp on the SRH.  On the rinse cycle when the water level once again reached a desirable level I again bleu into the SRH, the Water Level Pressure switch clicked, the water flow stopped, and the machine went into its proper rinse action after which the water once again began to drain and I again released the clamp on the SRH.

We have washed probably 20 wash loads using the above described labor and attention intensive method and everything works fine.

So, the only possible source of our problem is the part (the Air Dome?) which causes the pressure to build in the SRH to activate the Water Level Control switch.

I don

Pegi:
Sounds like something has the bubble/air dome blocked, may have to pull the basket to see what is there...

woody:
AJ and Pegi

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version