Free Service - Appliance Repair Help & Troubleshooting

Author Topic: Samsung Low Level Water Code  (Read 12031 times)

Offline tgoods

• Technician
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
Samsung Low Level Water Code
« on: May 14, 2013, 03:09:34 PM »
DMT400RHS/XAA.  Flashing a error code for low water level. I worked on this last October and replaced the case/sensor assembly, DD94-01006A.  It's got the same problem again.  Did I miss something the first time or are these sensors crap?

Offline niobrara

• Technician
Re: Samsung Low Level Water Code
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2013, 10:05:01 PM »
tgood was this the e9 code. I had one today that everything checked, installed a new control updated same e9 error ,took out the sensor tested, took out the water valve tested took out the flow sensor tested, put it back together, unit worked perfect. I have no idea. I really think mine had a connection issue with control board but no idea from what .

Offline tgoods

• Technician
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2013, 10:04:13 AM »
The customer wants me to show up with another sensor, so that's what I'm going to do.  I'll check the connections when I go back. Thanks for the reply.

Offline niobrara

• Technician
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2013, 10:38:01 AM »
Should update I washed float assembly and flow meter out with hot water. There was not much in them but I was out of ideas.

Offline tgoods

• Technician
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2013, 08:46:47 PM »
The part was factory order through my supplier so I convinced her I need to look at before ordering. I took the assembly out and found gunk buildup in the water level chamber.  There's a small float in the chamber with wings on it.  As the chamber fills with water the float floats and the wing blocks the infrared sensors.  There's a high level sensor and a low level sensor. The float was stuck in gunk so it couldn't do it's job. I took it apart and cleaned it out.  Why it got so gunky in six months, I don't know. She's using Finnish tabs.  I'm thinking it might be too much detergent for a low water usage dishwasher.  I told her she should consider changing brands if I have to keep coming back every six months.
Thanks for the help.

Offline afterblast

• Technician
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2013, 09:20:05 PM »
I've seen a couple of these get gunked up... I usually advise the customer to run a dishwasher cleaning agent through at least once a month....     seen dishwasher magic do wonders ....

Offline freephk

• VIP Member
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2013, 08:09:56 AM »
Hello, I too have this issue and I'm trying to fix this myself.  Is there any place I can buy service manual for this model?
Thanks.

Offline DIYLar89

• VIP Member
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2015, 12:03:40 AM »
This has been an ongoing problem with our dishwasher and I am a DIY so advice is appreciated. The first sensor wasn't that dirty at all but I cleaned it anyway, and it eventually gave me problems again so I ordered a new case sensor. I've replaced the case water level sensor and subsequently had to clean the new one several times. I finally got tired of having to uninstall and reinstall and I can get it to work by banging on the interior of the dishwasher right where that sensor sits, but I really have to bang it a number of times and pretty hard too. I periodically have to run the unit with nothing in it to flush it out and then get about three days worth of trouble free usage, but then I'm banging on it to get it working again. I'm tempted to cut a hole in the side of our cabinet right where the case sensor is located so I can observe this while it's malfunctioning. I know the sensor is not all that dirty, but apparently it only takes a little residue to mess it up, and that whole larger assembly on the side has some spots in it where it can build up junk and there is no way to clean it. I'm about ready to put the thing out by the curb. Any advise appreciated.

Samsung DMT400 over level water error

Started by jason1979g

Replies: 9
Views: 15696
Last post September 14, 2014, 05:04:19 PM
by domain
Over-level water error Samsung DW80F600UTS

Started by Rdforberg

Replies: 16
Views: 24528
Last post March 05, 2016, 03:59:26 AM
by kinglunalilo