Forum > Chit Chat

Sears, what's happened to customer service?

(1/3) > >>

Bob Anderson:
I ordered an appliance part online from Sears which was supposed to be in stock.

I waited 10 days with not even a follow-up message from Sears. I contacted them four times in the ensuing 8 weeks, getting the same basic response each time:

--- Quote ---Dear Bob,

Thank you for shopping at Sears.com !

We are still in the process of researching your order, however wanted to follow up so you know we are still working on it. We sincerely apologize for the delay. Please allow 5-7 business days for a response. We regret any inconvenience and appreciate your continued patience.

Look for Great Ideas throughout the store and find Sears exclusive innovations from great brands like Sony, Kenmore, NordicTrack, Craftsman and Reebok.

Shop sears.com now to pick up great products for the season.

--- End quote ---

Finally, I called their toll-free customer service line to demand my money back. I got basically the same machine response from the rep.

I've since ordered the part from www.repairclinic.com, received and installed it. Still no word from Sears.

I'm done with them.

Brent@CanBC:
Been with amre supply,  reliable parts, camco,  whirlpool,  and 3 commercial supply'rs for 30 years, and never a problem, ever.   They correct any issues now.

AJ:
Hi,

My 2 cents, www.repairclinic.com along with www.appliancepartspros.com are both great and both help support our site.

AJ:

--- Quote from: Brent@CanBC on May 12, 2013, 08:46:52 PM ---Been with amre supply,  reliable parts, camco,  whirlpool,  and 3 commercial supply'rs for 30 years, and never a problem, ever.   They correct any issues now.

--- End quote ---

You never have had a problem with any of your suppliers in the last thirty years? Hard for me to believe.
Maybe your memory is not what it use to be, lol...

niobrara:
Sears, what's happened to customer service? Well many of us hear could tell you a lot of different stories about that. Or you could just read that Sears is owned and operated by a Hedge Fund. That said there are still many good people still with the company, But the people that own it make all the rules. And Bob, customer service is not one of there priority's any more.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version