Author Topic: Sears, what's happened to customer service?  (Read 2317 times)

Offline Bob Anderson

• VIP Member
Sears, what's happened to customer service?
« on: May 12, 2013, 08:11:32 PM »
I ordered an appliance part online from Sears which was supposed to be in stock.

I waited 10 days with not even a follow-up message from Sears. I contacted them four times in the ensuing 8 weeks, getting the same basic response each time:

Dear Bob,

Thank you for shopping at Sears.com !

We are still in the process of researching your order, however wanted to follow up so you know we are still working on it. We sincerely apologize for the delay. Please allow 5-7 business days for a response. We regret any inconvenience and appreciate your continued patience.

Look for Great Ideas throughout the store and find Sears exclusive innovations from great brands like Sony, Kenmore, NordicTrack, Craftsman and Reebok.

Shop sears.com now to pick up great products for the season.

Finally, I called their toll-free customer service line to demand my money back. I got basically the same machine response from the rep.

I've since ordered the part from www.repairclinic.com, received and installed it. Still no word from Sears.

I'm done with them.

Offline Brent@CanBC

• Technician
Re: Sears, what's happened to customer service?
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2013, 08:46:52 PM »
Been with amre supply,  reliable parts, camco,  whirlpool,  and 3 commercial supply'rs for 30 years, and never a problem, ever.   They correct any issues now.

Offline AJ

• Technician
    Administrator
    • ApplianceJunk.com - Appliance Repair
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2013, 08:59:57 PM »
Hi,

My 2 cents, www.repairclinic.com along with www.appliancepartspros.com are both great and both help support our site.

Hope you find our site helpful.

Offline AJ

• Technician
    Administrator
    • ApplianceJunk.com - Appliance Repair
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2013, 09:01:36 PM »
Been with amre supply,  reliable parts, camco,  whirlpool,  and 3 commercial supply'rs for 30 years, and never a problem, ever.   They correct any issues now.

You never have had a problem with any of your suppliers in the last thirty years? Hard for me to believe.
Maybe your memory is not what it use to be, lol...
Hope you find our site helpful.

Offline niobrara

• Technician
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2013, 09:38:50 PM »
Sears, what's happened to customer service? Well many of us hear could tell you a lot of different stories about that. Or you could just read that Sears is owned and operated by a Hedge Fund. That said there are still many good people still with the company, But the people that own it make all the rules. And Bob, customer service is not one of there priority's any more.

Offline Brent@CanBC

• Technician
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2013, 11:43:15 PM »
AJ. I have had many. But all my supply'rs have called and corrected the problems in a quick time.   Not like the post regarding Sears.  And that is the truth, just ask me.

Offline LowSL2

• Technician
  • Fletch F. Fletch
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2013, 10:03:37 AM »
I deal with stuff like this all the time. The system will say a part is available. I'll order it and two weeks later, the customer still doesn't have it. After a couple phone calls, it'll turn out the part is on national back order, is NLA, or was never ordered. This is what happens when you have a parts system with millions of parts and literally five people taking care of it. If the automated side of it has an error, there really isn't anyone to catch it. It's kind of frustrating/infuriating.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

LowSL2
15 Years of Professional Appliance Repair Experience

Offline andersenappliance

• Technician
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2013, 09:28:14 AM »
Sometimes, if I'm in doubt, I check if the part is available at other places.  I've had people promise me that they have NLA parts, and its turned out to be lies.

The only time I've ordered from Sears is if one of their repair centers are near me.  I almost ordered a specialty tool once, only to find that they'd order it from an independent supplier (two weeks) and then would ship it to me (10 days).  I  passed.

Offline Wedgeman55

• Technician
  • Man vs Appliance - Never give up, Never surrender
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2013, 03:22:33 AM »
We have a Sears Parts store near me.    I tried ordering a board once,   A magic chef oven board,  that they showed available,   and nobody else could get it.   It also was way cheaper by 100 dollars than anyone else had it for.   Too good to be true.    Unfortunatly, yes.   Waited weeks,  in the end couldn't get it and no real answers.  Needless to say,  I do not use sears parts after that experience.   
Commercial Laundry repair Tech and Installer  1973 to 1980
Service Manager / Technician Commercial Laundry repair company 1980 to 2002
Refrigeration - HVAC - Boiler School 1974-1976
Electronic School 1978-1979
Self Employed Appliance Repair Company 2002 to present

Offline Bailey

• Technician
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2013, 04:35:29 PM »
I ordered a GE dishwasher switch from them because the web site said "in stock" and nobody else had it. After a couple of weeks and no part and no answer on why I didn't have it, I cancelled it. The part showed up three months later. I never saw a charge on my card.

Offline mpatten2

• Technician
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2013, 09:54:06 AM »
As an independant service tech and an appliance sales associate for Sears and Lowes, I have seen horror stories from both sides of the fence.

The only trouble I have had with Sears in the last 5 years (and I order almost every day for myself and customers) is that it consistantly takes a week to get the part. no less...no more. Lowes is an absolute nightmare!!!!! Don't go there.

Appliancepartspros and Appliancerepair are realy, realy good!!!! They are on time and up front with prices.

Sears Loss/Wants To Sell Service Agreement Unit

Started by john63

Replies: 16
Views: 4440
Last post May 30, 2013, 10:34:46 AM
by andersenappliance
Share your experience with (Sears) 'A&E Factory Service' with the rest of us.

Started by AJ

Replies: 1
Views: 2606
Last post March 26, 2011, 03:08:59 PM
by the appliance whisperer
Sears applicance service

Started by sherry

Replies: 2
Views: 2232
Last post October 09, 2008, 02:09:37 PM
by JWWebster
Sears terrible service

Started by sherry

Replies: 3
Views: 2728
Last post October 09, 2008, 07:11:11 PM
by WBsBADBOY
Sears Kenmore Service Repair Manuals & Error Fault Codes.

Started by AJ

Replies: 0
Views: 41154
Last post May 01, 2009, 12:19:36 AM
by AJ
Customer Service Phone Numbers

Started by AJ

Replies: 0
Views: 1020
Last post May 02, 2009, 10:39:23 PM
by AJ