Forum > Washer Repair

Need Service Manual GE front loader GFWS1500DWN

(1/2) > >>

kirkster:
I just replaced my Kenmore Elite front loader with this GE model - the cast aluminum spider supporting the tub on the Kenmore corroded and broke.  Too bad they won't sell just the broken part; instead they want you to buy the whole tub assembly for $400....  I'm betting that the new GE has a similar cast aluminum spider.  Can anyone confirm this?
   Hopefully someone can connect me to service information for my GE.  Thanks in advance.

AJ:
I think they all use cast aluminum spiders. Sorry, could not locate a service manual.
Maybe another member can find one for use.

How old was your kenmore?

kirkster:
Thanks, AJ.  The Kenmore was purchased in 1997 so I guess I should be glad it gave us 15+ years of service.....BUT, what a waste to have to declare it dead for the lack of an $80 part that is simply not available.   The unit was in pristine shape, too.   I am parting it out if anyone needs a great deal on replacement parts: Model 110.42924200.  Kenmore Elite front loader in bisque.
   If it wasn't for the fact that my wife would declare me totally bonkers I would tear into the new GE and remove the spider and have it powder coated for long life. 

AJ:

--- Quote --- I am parting it out if anyone needs a great deal on replacement parts
--- End quote ---

Should have no trouble dumping them on ebay.

--- Quote ---If it wasn't for the fact that my wife would declare me totally bonkers I would tear into the new GE and remove the spider and have it powder coated for long life.
--- End quote ---

Very interesting idea. Wonder what something like that would cost.
Wonder if there would be a market for something like that?

On one hand I would like to think the consumer would appreciate higher end parts like that, but then on the other hand I know all most people care about when they are having something repaired is how much it's going to cost them.

apu:

Here is info for GFWS1500WW, WN?

Jim

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version