Forum > Dryer Repair

Kenmore 70 series electric dryer...wont heat

(1/11) > >>

lalakelley:
Ok...so ya'll have helped me fix this dryer once before, well that worked GREAT! Now it won't heat nor will it shut off...before I couldn't get it to turn on now I can't get it to turns off. If I turn it on to dry(no matter what cycle) it will run "like normal"(without heating up) then when it gets towards the end of the cycle it just keeps going and going and going! Any ideas?! HELP?!?!

Model 110.64742400

RegUS_PatOff:
If you're using the "Auto Dry Mode", it won't stop till they're dry.
 Won't happen if there's no heat.

Try it on "Timed Dry" to see if it stops at the end of the timed cycle.

How's the air-flow out the back of the dryer with the vent disconnected ?

You may have to do some tests with a meter...

lalakelley:
It does it either way, timed or auto...I normally use timed and when you do that now it runs till you have about 2-5 minutes left and just stays there FOREVER...literally...it went for over 10 hours one day. I turned it on then left the house, returned like 10-11 hours later and it was still running. That time it did dry the clothes but they weren't warm when I pulled them out. So after that I started using the suto dry part. Which in the past I have had to run twice to dry a load, did the same thing ran till I shut it off. What do you mean air flow out the back?! I'll ask the man when he gets home to see :) We have a problem with our kitty ripping the lint hose thingy sometimes, but we fix it everytime...would that hinder the dryer from getting warm?!

RegUS_PatOff:
If the Timer gets stuck when in the Timed Dry mode, then the Timer is bad or the Centrifugal Switch on the Drum Motor

The cause of "no heat" when the Timer is running, is another problem.

How's the air-flow out the back of the dryer with the vent disconnected ?

--- Quote from: lalakelley on May 28, 2008, 02:55:52 PM ---... We have a problem with our kitty ripping the lint hose thingy sometimes, but we fix it everytime...would that hinder the dryer from getting warm?!

--- End quote ---
Are you talking about the vent hose ?

It should be rigid metal vent with maybe a small length of flexible metal vent - NO plastic.
And NO screws, foil tape only

lalakelley:
Ours is flemsy looks like aluminum foil with a streghty coil in it...I know SOOO technical LOL sorry I'm not in this area, hints why I'm on here HAHA!!! So tell the hubby to check on what now?! And get him to take the vent hose?!?! off and check the air flow out the back right?!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version