Forum > Range, Oven & Cooktop Repair

wobbly knob on GE gas stovetop

(1/1)

schleven:
I was at a job for another appliance and the customer shows me her wobbly knob on a GE gas stovetop. (built in with a builtin oven below).  Didnt have time to pull the oven to get the model number.  I have never seen a wobbly gas knob.  Hoping someone might recognize this model and know which valve I need so I don't have to go back twice.  attached are pics of the stove and the wobbly knob.  Also a link to video at youtube:

I can pull it out and change the knob, but don't want to go pull it out then have to go get knob and go back.  She is a long way from my parts store.

Thanks

schleven:
I should also add, the valve does not leak gas and works fine.  Weird.

AJ:
Can't say I'm familiar with that stovetop, but wonder if what ever holds the valve in place has come loose.

theoldstoveguy:
Looks like the screws have come loose and the shaft is the part moving, not the cylinder which allows gas through. Aluminum valves do that. I have never seen a brass valve do that.

schleven:
I agree, the shaft is what appears loose. I jus figured it would be leaking gas if the shaft were that loose. Ill take pics when i get it out. Just wish i could figure out the model without pulling the oven below out.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version