Forum > Washer Repair

GE Washer makes clicking noises and won't agitate (sometimes)

<< < (2/2)

brianhirsch:
I just went to Consumer Reports and found a couple of things I wanted to run by you.

1) Consumer Reports has this to say about buying new now: "Lower prices have helped traditional top-loaders outsell better-performing front-loaders. But the differences in washing ability have become more dramatic this year because of stricter energy standards. Indeed, for the first time in years, we can't call any washer a Best Buy because models that did a very good job getting laundry clean cost $1,000 or more. If your budget is limited, consider waiting for prices to come down." -- Given that new ones don't wash as well should I just fix this one? What are your thoughts?

2) For reliability they rate top-loaders in this order:
Roper, GE, Fridgidaire, Kenmore, Whirlpool, Maytag, Amana, Kitchenaid etc.
So, they like the GE better than the ones you listed (Except Roper). Comments?

Pegi:
 For reliability they rate top-loaders in this order:
Roper, GE, Fridgidaire, Kenmore, Whirlpool, Maytag, Amana, Kitchenaid etc.
So, they like the GE better than the ones you listed (Except Roper). Comments?
This is just such crap....Sears makes nothing, is made for them, including the ones you listed above, Whirlpool makes Kitchenaid, Roper, Estate, ,Kenmore top load washers, Maytag and Amana and Admiral washers are now Whirlpool washers with their name stuck on the front..the exact same washer with a different name on the front has a different rating, now does this make sense to you???.I would not have a frigidaire anything, just read thru the forums about what junk their washers and dishwashers are....Kitchenaid is the high line wp, roper and estate are the value lines of wp, kenmore is any line-brand out there, no clue what you are buying, i believe money changes hands behind the curtain at CR..

Bob:

--- Quote ---i believe money changes hands behind the curtain at CR
--- End quote ---

Me too there is no other way to explain some of the things you read in there.

rickgburton:
Pegi's right, you'll be better off to invest in a Whirlpool or Kenmore top load direct drive. Here why; All parts are readily available, they're not expencive (most), I can't think of any repair that takes longer than an hour and most less than 30 minutes. In our store of just used appliances, I have no GE's on the floor and never will. If you still have doubts ask a few service techs what the best washer is. Just my opinion.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version