365-Day Hassle Free Return Policy!  ·  AppliancePartsPros.com
Washer PartsDryer PartsRefrigerator PartsDishwasher PartsRange & Oven PartsAll Appliance Parts

Author Topic: Another MAH8700AWW ND problem.  (Read 342 times)

Offline iwannadie

• VIP Member
Another MAH8700AWW ND problem.
« on: April 21, 2015, 03:57:32 PM »
Hey everyone, first post, been lurking and searching and thought my ND problem was different enough to post my own thread.

So, the ole MAH8700 was chugging along since the day I bought it new without any issue until the other day when it would not drain and displayed the ND error. I pulled the pump and found it rather clogged but nothing serious and no foreign objects stuck inside. I put the cleaned pump back in with the same result, no drain and ND error. I ordered a new OEM pump and installed that, ran a test cycle and it drained during the first part of the cycle and I thought I had it solved when it failed and showed ND again sigh.

At that point I started looking through the service manual and running tests and I come up with a weird error that reads "oF", only the F is upside down... I am not sure what that is telling me, I thought the board is just displaying it incorrect but nothing in the manual has an error close to what its showing me. I found one other forum thread with that type of error mentioned but never any follow up to it.

When in the board output test and testing the drain pump I can hear and feel the relay clicking behind the control board. I opened and closed the door a few times and randomly once the drain pump suddenly worked, one time. I saw there are ohm tests to test the switch and voltage at the pump but I can't seem to find out where the connectors are that I should be testing... The manual says for the drain pump to test pin 1 of CN5 and pin 6 of CN10 and for the door sensor to test pins CN5 and CN9. I see CN 9 and 10 on the control panel but where is the CN5?

After getting nowhere testing I went ahead and replaced the door lock hoping that was the issue and of course its not. Same behavior with the new door lock in place although the new door lock feels much studier and secure.

I pulled the control panel to have a look and its covered in the epoxy/resin whatever they use so I can't do much. I see a few spots where it looks scorched so I am assuming the board is bad I'd like to test to confirm before throwing 250 bucks at a new control panel. I feel like the weird lowcase "o"and upside down "F" error is trying to tell me what's going on and I am close to finding out but not close enough.

Well, any advice would be great.  :popcorn:

Offline iwannadie

• VIP Member
Re: Another MAH8700AWW ND problem.
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2015, 06:33:01 PM »
I was looking around at a different manual and found that the manual I had just didn't have CN5 labeled. Found that, tested the door switch and I am getting 60 ohms on that.

Testing the drain pump, I am showing 123ish volts between the pins.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2015, 06:41:00 PM by iwannadie »

Offline Bailey

• Technician
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2015, 07:28:28 PM »
I had one of these that drove me crazy.It would pump out then not pump out. Finally discovered a nickel stuck in the drain line. Had a terrible time getting it out.

Offline iwannadie

• VIP Member
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2015, 07:33:11 PM »
I ruled out obstructions with mine because the pump doesn't kick on at all. If there is something stuck in the hoses some where the pump should still kick on... It's a brand new pump, I guess I could remove it and check it again, maybe something dislodged and fell into it, seems unlikely though to me.

Thanks for the input though.

Over flow problem solved - thanks to you

Started by woody

Replies: 4
Views: 3525
Last post October 21, 2007, 03:54:50 PM
by Pegi
maytag washer- timer problem?

Started by inot66

Replies: 6
Views: 6296
Last post January 10, 2008, 08:47:16 PM
by inot66
Maytag LAT9356AAE Spin problem

Started by Camarocam

Replies: 2
Views: 5199
Last post February 20, 2008, 10:10:40 AM
by Repair-man
Older Maytag Neptune Outer tub swap problem-HELP

Started by cds

Replies: 9
Views: 7731
Last post April 12, 2008, 04:45:26 PM
by cds
Maytag Washer Spin & Drain Problem

Started by lulubovary

Replies: 1
Views: 4230
Last post March 11, 2008, 04:43:09 PM
by Repair-man
I'm back! Same problem, new cause! Washing Machine.

Started by Neeky

Replies: 4
Views: 2876
Last post July 03, 2008, 05:43:57 PM
by Neeky