Author Topic: Trainig  (Read 2209 times)

Offline Danny17

• VIP Member
Trainig
« on: May 25, 2008, 02:08:32 PM »
Where can I Find factory training.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2008, 09:13:13 PM by AJ »

Offline whirlpooltech

• Technician
  • 20 years of experience
Re: Trainig
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2008, 02:16:23 PM »
Hi Danny17,

Unless you are factory authorized to do repairs on there products (Whirlpool, Frigidaire, LG, etc..) I don't think you can get factory training.

Offline AJ

• Technician
    Administrator
    • ApplianceJunk.com - Appliance Repair
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2008, 02:19:03 PM »
Hi,

The factory training we get is all by invitation only.

What brands would you like to get factory training on?

Hope you find our site helpful.

Offline apptech

• Technician
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2008, 02:29:44 PM »
AJ,

Maybe you could start some online training for new techs or even on brands that are new to other techs?

Offline AJ

• Technician
    Administrator
    • ApplianceJunk.com - Appliance Repair
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2008, 03:38:23 PM »
Something to think about apptech, but at this time I'm not so sure we have enough technicians around that would be interested in such a thing.

Hope you find our site helpful.

Offline Penguin45

• VIP Member
    • www.ukwhitegoods.com
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2008, 07:37:04 PM »
It's an interesting problem. Over here in the UK, the great majority of the independent repairers are either ex-company engineers who have gone on their own or family members whose dad teaches them the basics. If we are honest, one washer works pretty much along the same line as any other, so the logic of fault finding is pretty much a given. The real skill of the job is learning the little tricks and nuances of the different brands; something only experience and (now) support from an on-line community brings. In the UK, getting any sort of support for the independents from the manufacturers is almost laughable.

That said, we have Trade Forum members on UKWhitegoods who are quite literally learning the job on the site as they go along - the Mods demonstrate remarkable patience at the repeated obvious questions ("Why doesn't he know that? It's logical...").

We have an Articles section, where common repeated problems (usually from the Public) are documented - linking them rather than typing it all out again is so much easier.

I wish the OP luck - no doubt he can rely on the forum for support as required.

Penguin45.