Forum > Range, Oven & Cooktop Repair

Viking Range ignitors keep sparking even after lit

(1/2) > >>

pastorrobertlj:
from the best I can tell - I've got a vgic3054bss (I say best I can tell because the model number sticker has been subject to "wear".

I've got 4 burners on top ...  they all work,  When I light one burner the all spark (that is normal), but after the burner has been lit, they all keep sparking.  I though it was the ignition module, so I replaced it, but $130 later, I've still got the same problem.  Any idea why all the ignitors would continue to spark even after the burner has been lit? .... btw - if I ignite ALL the burners ... the ignitors stop "Clicking"

tgoods:
Have you been doing any electrical work? It sounds like the polarity is reversed at the outlet.

domain:

--- Quote from: tgoods on April 29, 2013, 04:01:22 PM ---Have you been doing any electrical work? It sounds like the polarity is reversed at the outlet.

--- End quote ---
May I ask how that would cause the constant ON of the sparker? Does utilize the neutral somehow?

tgoods:
With flame rectification the spark stops by completing a circuit to the module through the ground. If the polarity is not right, it can't complete the circuit.
But after reading the original post again, I think there is miswiring in the range, because it will quit sparking with all burners on. Try turning on just two burners on at a time. If you can get to stop sparking with two, swap the wires at the module.

PARTech:
Same symptoms as a Bosch cooktop when the diode is blown in the wire harness, usually because of a grounded wire, but I don't have access to Viking schematics...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version