Author Topic: Whirlpool Cabrio F50 code  (Read 714 times)

Offline appliancedoctorbrian

• Technician
Whirlpool Cabrio F50 code
« on: April 29, 2013, 06:27:14 AM »
Ok... I am new to these Stator motor European darling machines and I have been running into a lot of them lately. I had one last week with a F50 code... motor not running... the customer decided to replace the machine I have it now which I ultimately plan on using for target practice in the back alley but want to figure out the problem for future reference.. tub is free up and down and spins easy... I ended up removing the tub anyway and cleaned the shaft... there is a small groove in the shaft.. I filed it down sanded it dropped some zoom oil on it and still feel no drag when I lift or spin the tub.. ohmed out all three motor pins at 30.5 ohms which I thought to be within the tolerance... 16ohms at p5 31 at motor pins? Thanks to AJ I have the Whirlpool job aide repair manual... replaced motor sensor and harness and have put two used boards in the machine... it wouldn't surprise me if my used boards where bad but they failed in the exact same way which doesn't seem likely to me...but possible... just wondering if anybody has run into this problem and has any thoughts or ideas... Thanks   

Offline Blaiser

• Technician
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
Re: Whirlpool Cabrio F50 code
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2013, 07:33:44 AM »
Done quite a few of these in the past month, I've seen bad boards, bad displays, cracked rotors, bad rps sensors and a slew of bad bearings and seals. It's a dead give away if you see black or brown stained bottom on the stator. Any time I get one of these I always make it a point to change the seal and bearing (kit). My bet is you have a bad board. I've heard that the factory actually installed the seals incorrectly and I make it a point to seal the top of the NEW seal with the adhesive they give you in the kit. It's amazing how many NEW machines fail just after the 1 year warranty expires! Great for us, (I guess). Bad for consumer.

• Technician
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2013, 10:16:41 AM »
thats what i was thinking... just seems funny that my two used boards codes out the same (one is marked OK-working)..(f50) I would think if they where bad it would be likely that they would have failed in a different way and give a different code...  in the older machines i often check for voltage when i am unsure between timer and motor... do you ever do that on these machines?

Offline alimunib83

• Technician
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2013, 07:27:33 PM »
f50 code is related to the control board. I have had a few cabrios  with f50 code had to replace board on all of them.

• Technician
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2013, 10:47:15 PM »
Thanks guys... I am going to put a board on my truck anyway so I will pick up a new one and give it a try....

Whirlpool Cabrio High Efficiency - F2 Code

Started by Blaiser

Replies: 11
Views: 3624
Last post January 06, 2012, 03:23:32 PM
by whirlpooltech
Whirlpool Cabrio lid locked error code E1 F2.

Started by Bat65

Replies: 3
Views: 101
Last post April 09, 2014, 04:44:41 PM
by Select Appliance
Whirlpool electronic error code

Started by roxgirl

Replies: 1
Views: 4355
Last post July 25, 2007, 08:15:36 PM
by AJ
Whirlpool Duet Washer - F-30 error code and clunking noise in detergent area.

Started by AJ

Replies: 3
Views: 11762
Last post November 15, 2009, 09:34:58 AM
by AJ
Whirlpool Cabrio

Started by Digger

Replies: 5
Views: 6088
Last post September 13, 2008, 09:26:23 AM
by AJ
Whirlpool Cabrio Washer F51 Error