365-Day Hassle Free Return Policy!  ·  AppliancePartsPros.com
Washer Parts  ·  Dryer Parts  ·  Refrigerator Parts  ·  Dishwasher Parts  ·  Range & Oven Parts  ·  All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: New Samsung Refrigerator 4-doorwith R-600  (Read 281 times)

Offline krazytech

• Technician
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
New Samsung Refrigerator 4-doorwith R-600
« on: September 21, 2013, 08:45:30 PM »
This refrigerator contains 2 complete sealed systems with 2 compressors 3 Evaporators 2 condensers 11 thermistors.  one compressors for the freezer and variable room and a separate one for the fresh food section.
The fresh food sealed system and compressor use R-600

Do NOT de-solder the lines.. R-600 is Butane it will catch fire.

Check the Basics first!!! Read the Manual !!!Buy the tech a Beer!!!

Offline AJ

• Technician
    Administrator
    • ApplianceJunk.com - Appliance Repair
Re: New Samsung Refrigerator 4-doorwith R-600
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2013, 10:33:07 PM »
Sounds expensive...

More parts, more problems. ;)

Ever have to work on one?
Hope you find our site helpful.
http://appliancejunk.com/donate

Offline krazytech

• Technician
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2013, 10:36:52 PM »
$3999 full retail Not seen one yet...

Offline Wedgeman55

• Technician
  • Man vs Appliance - Never give up, Never surrender
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2013, 07:36:38 AM »
Learn this phrase when they call for service on one of these baby's  (WE DO NO SERVICE THAT REFRIGERATOR>   CALL AUTHORIZED SAMSUNG>   SORRY)

I, for one, will not be messin' with that.   

On another point,   I have been contacted to do authorized samsung service,  but I told them I wasn't interested.     Looks like a made a good decision.     
Commercial Laundry repair Tech and Installer  1973 to 1980
Service Manager / Technician Commercial Laundry repair company 1980 to 2002
Refrigeration - HVAC - Boiler School 1974-1976
Electronic School 1978-1979
Self Employed Appliance Repair Company 2002 to present

Offline theoldstoveguy

• Technician
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2013, 11:23:47 AM »
Samsung asked me but I declined after servicing the Maytag washers and dryers built by them. Machines weren't bad but prices were wild! $180.00 for a heating element? Found some shortcuts here and there for parts like dryer coils and such. I want LG training but they won't train unless you do their warranty.

Offline krazytech

• Technician
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2013, 04:16:48 PM »

Samsung Electronics Co. (005930), the world’s biggest seller of smartphones, TVs and display panels, expects sales of home appliances to climb 50 percent during the next three years as it focuses on premium models with more functions.
Annual revenue from the division making refrigerators, washing machines and ovens will climb to $18 billion in 2015 from about $12 billion last year, Younghoon Eom, executive vice president of sales and marketing, said in an interview in Las Vegas.
Spending on research and additional manufacturing capacity dragged operating margins for the appliance business below an industry average of about 5 percent, he said ahead of the Consumer Electronics Show. A focus on energy efficiency, more functionality and design will help the company boost sales and profitability as it competes against cheaper Chinese brands.
“They’re clearly a threat for us,” Eom said of competitors including Qindao, China-based Hisense Electric Co. and Haier Electronics Group Co., both of which are seeking to expand global sales. “We’ve been striving very hard at design innovation and performance improvement.”
Hisense and Haier were among the top sellers of home appliances in China last year under the country’s rural stimulus program, according to a statement on the Ministry of Commerce’s website.‘Smart’ RefrigeratorSuwon, South Korea-based Samsung is making more “smart” appliances, or devices that can connect to each other or the Internet, Eom said. The company is “expanding aggressively” in the premium segment and reducing its emphasis on lower-priced products as it tries to boost operating margin above 5 percent by 2015, he said.A smart washing machine could connect to a TV, allowing a viewer to monitor a wash cycle, while a refrigerator with a liquid-crystal-display monitor could connect to the Internet to find recipes or build a shopping list.Only about 10 percent to 20 percent of Samsung’s home appliances will be smart by 2015, with most of the sales growth coming from improvements to existing features such as energy efficiency and time saving, Eom said.“Today’s refrigerator is the same as a 100-years-ago refrigerator in terms of fundamental technology, washing machines are the same, air-conditioning systems are the same,” he said. “Most of our growth will come from the premium segment through innovation.”The improvements include better temperature sensors, quieter designs and cosmetic refinements, said Kurt Jovais, the company’s U.S. vice president for home-appliance marketing.Samsung’s appliances marketing budget in the U.S. will increase by about 5 percent this year as it focuses more on social media, Jovais said.To contact the reporters on this story: Tim Culpan in Taipei at tculpan1@bloomberg.net; Cliff Edwards in San Francisco at cedwards28@bloomberg.netTo contact the editor responsible for this story: Michael Tighe at mtighe4@bloomberg.net.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-01-07/samsung-says-appliance-sales-to-increase-50-on-premium-strategy.html[/font]

Offline ApplianceGuru

• Technician
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2013, 01:18:15 PM »
Samsung asked me but I declined after servicing the Maytag washers and dryers built by them. Machines weren't bad but prices were wild! $180.00 for a heating element? Found some shortcuts here and there for parts like dryer coils and such. I want LG training but they won't train unless you do their warranty.

I don't use Samsung's heat element.  It burns out too fast, and they want too much for it.

I already addressed this issuehere http://appliancejunk.com/forums/index.php?topic=9861.msg48360#msg48360 but for some reason, people don't seem to like discussing cheaper interchangable parts online, unless you go with the pro-only repair forums.

I really was hoping everyone would chip in and share some of their money saving parts tips, but nobody did.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2013, 01:19:23 PM by ApplianceGuru »
Appliance Heating & Air Tech

RS2530bsh Samsung Refrigerator

Started by grantski

Replies: 3
Views: 4323
Last post March 11, 2009, 12:08:51 PM
by Mr. Fix-It
L2006-028 Samsung 2 Door 2 Drawer SxS Refrigerator Service Manual

Started by AJ

Replies: 0
Views: 3205