Bin switch operation is controlled by the movement of the ice damper. The bin switch has two main functions:
1. Terminating the harvest cycle and returning the
ice machine to the freeze cycle.
This occurs when the bin switch is opened and
closed again within 7 seconds of opening during
the harvest cycle.
2. Automatic ice machine shut-off.
If the storage bin is full at the end of a harvest
cycle, the sheet of cubes fails to clear the ice
damper and holds it down. After the ice damper is
held down for 7 seconds, the ice machine shuts
The ice machine remains off until enough ice is
removed from the storage bin to allow the sheet of
cubes to drop clear of the ice damper. As the ice
damper swings back to the operating position, the
bin switch closes and the ice machine restarts.
1. Set the toggle switch to OFF.
2. Watch the bin switch light on the control board.
3. Move the ice damper upward, toward the
evaporator. The bin switch must close. The bin
switch light “on” indicates the bin switch has
4. Move the ice damper away from the evaporator.
The bin switch must open. The bin switch light
“off” indicates the bin switch has opened properly.