Author Topic: LG wm2032hw with LE error  (Read 2238 times)

Offline Ohio Dan

• VIP Member
LG wm2032hw with LE error
« on: April 23, 2013, 11:51:09 PM »
I ran the QC test and the drum doesn't respond. Water goes through all steps and pumps out.  I switched the halls sensor and even the rotor but no change.  When starting on normal load the water rinses the soap dispenser.  Then is makes a noise like a pump running but nothing happens.  No main fill and no turning of the drum. The LE error comes on at the 56 minute mark.  I have inspected the wires and found no fraying.  I have yet to run the ohm tests. Any ideas?  I am running out of jeans quick and ready to call in the pros but it hurts my pride not to understand and solve a problem.

Offline PARTech

• Technician
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
    • Panhandle Appliance LLC
Re: LG wm2032hw with LE error
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2013, 01:25:11 AM »
Check the ohms, but check it through the wire harness from the main board so if the readings check out ok then the main board is most likely the problem.
Serving North Idaho

Offline Ohio Dan

• VIP Member
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2013, 07:31:54 AM »
Thanks for the help.  There is no listing of ohm tests in the service manual.  Can anyone point where to go for that info? Check points, resistance ranges, ect.?

Offline john63

• Technician
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2013, 08:00:55 AM »
Possible MAIN BOARD failure.

I would replace the small WIRE HARNESS at the Motor (internal wire damage).

Part number: 6877ER1016B

Offline Ohio Dan

• VIP Member
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2013, 08:12:15 AM »
Possibly premature jubilation! Knocking around the internet I found a way to clear the LE error code.  Turn the power off to the machine.  Press and hold the START/PAUSE button for 5 seconds.  I held mine for 10 seconds to be sure. Restore power to the unit.  Run a spin cycle.  I did and then ran a NORMAL load cycle.  No error code so far.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed.  This should be step one in the owner and service manual when an error code appears.

Offline PARTech

• Technician
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2013, 08:32:42 AM »
Page 15 in your manual shows which plugs to undo and check. 5-15 ohms on the motor windings.

Readings for the Hall sensor:

Serving North Idaho

Offline john63

• Technician
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2013, 10:22:32 AM »
<<<I found a way to clear the LE error code.  Turn the power off to the machine.>>>

During a wash cycle---if the wrong type or too much of the correct detergent (HE/Low Suds type) has been used---an "LE" error can be triggered and the cycle will be ended/interrupted.

On LG washers built before 2008---the HALL EFFECT SENSOR will be damaged from repeated overuse of laundry detergent.

All replacement Hall Effect Sensors manufactured after 2008---are virtually immune to overheating (high electrical load) and will likely never fail.

If the amount of laundry detergent used is still excessive (even after a new Hall Sensor has been installed)---or the incorrect type is used---an "LE" error will still be triggered---which will require that the owner unplug the washer for at least one minute to erase/clear the error.

The newer Hall Sensor however---will not be weakened/damaged as the original.

<<<Press and hold the START/PAUSE button for 5 seconds.  I held mine for 10 seconds>>>

Performing this action---does absolutely nothing.

PARTech:

<<<Page 15 in your manual shows which plugs to undo and check. 5-15 ohms on the motor windings>>>

The LG washer STATOR (motor) is so incredibly robust/durable---that it never fails.

Testing the WIRE HARNESS at the STATOR ASSY can be done by removing it from the washer---and checking the *continuity* of each wire from one end of the plug to the other---while bending/flexing/moving the harness.

This would confirm that one of the wires (which otherwise looks perfect) has a "break" within the harness. A somewhat common occurrence on older washers that do *not*have the TRUE BALANCE feature---and is also on a *wood* floor (excessive shaking during spin cycles).

This Wire Harness---which is connected to the base of the washer-to-the-Stator Assy---is subjected to repeated flexing/bending/being pulled by the gyrating tub assy.

It is cheaper/easier to just install a new harness to eliminate/rule-out an intermittent connection within one of the wires.

For servicers---when replacing the older HALL EFFECT SENSOR (pre-2008) with a newer sensor---it's a good idea to also install a new WIRE HARNESS at the same time. Both are inexpensive.

Offline PARTech

• Technician
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2013, 11:00:52 AM »
The LG washer STATOR (motor) is so incredibly robust/durable---that it never fails.

Almost, yes, I have seen it.
Serving North Idaho

Offline john63

• Technician
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2013, 11:57:26 AM »
In what manner did the STATOR (that you've seen) fail?

Offline domain

• Technician
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2013, 12:25:02 PM »
In what manner did the STATOR (that you've seen) fail?
Agreed. Only damage i have EVER seen was due to bad bearings rubbing the rotor stator. Both can be re used if needed.

Offline PARTech

• Technician
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2013, 03:35:14 PM »
No visible damage:

Serving North Idaho

Offline domain

• Technician
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2013, 05:07:58 PM »
WTF.

Offline john63

• Technician
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2013, 06:44:23 PM »
<<<WTF.>>>

My thought as well :)

The STATOR looks to be very clean (and new).

Possibly a factory *dud* ?

I would remove the *plug* on the STATOR itself---and inspect it for a missing pin connector or broken wire (from the Stator coils).

Many STATORS---on older washers---can look absolutely rough. Completely coated with a black residue (Bearing Seal Leak)---having been saturated by moisture/water umpteen times---and still functions perfectly.

LG wm2032hw LE error after replacing hall effects sensor, happens intermittently

Started by jpiezo

Replies: 15
Views: 3772
Last post July 15, 2013, 10:53:37 PM
by john63
Whirlpool electronic error code

Started by roxgirl

Replies: 1
Views: 5620
Last post July 25, 2007, 08:15:36 PM
by AJ
Lid Switch error

Started by patron

Replies: 9
Views: 5611
Last post March 12, 2008, 02:49:25 PM
by patron
Whirlpool Duet Sport Error f-01

Started by Ology

Replies: 2
Views: 7580
Last post March 10, 2008, 05:20:36 PM
by Repair-man
Whirlpool Duet Washer - F-30 error code and clunking noise in detergent area.

Started by AJ

Replies: 3
Views: 14114
Last post November 15, 2009, 09:34:58 AM
by AJ
Kitchenaid Washer F11 Error Code

Started by TechnicianBrian

Replies: 0
Views: 5467
Last post March 23, 2008, 07:06:27 AM
by TechnicianBrian