Author Topic: This chump has officially been stumped!!!  (Read 1279 times)

Offline Rick32k

• Technician
This chump has officially been stumped!!!
« on: April 17, 2013, 03:52:52 PM »
So I got a call for a GE dishwasher (GSD3230Z01WW) so I went checked it out, it wasn't letting in water, I tought it was a bad water valve but it wasn't. I changed the timer and it let water in fine. The next day I got a call saying it wast working again( same problem) so I went out and replaced the timer again and it still didnt let water in. The only thing I can think of is a bad terminal block but they don't sell a terminal block put together only the terminal housing and no one has the entire wiring harness. At this point I've maybe broke even on the job. I'm appealing to you guys for help. I know with those timers it's hard to tell what point the water will come in. Dies anyone have a diagram showing that I heard two minutes but I'm not sure. HELP!!!

Offline haroldsappliance

• Technician
    • Appliance repair
Re: This chump has officially been stumped!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2013, 04:59:41 PM »
Rick, check your float switch. I wouldn't think that it would be the timer. Could be intermittent continuity on inlet solenoid. I've seen it it before.

Offline dab147315

• Technician
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2013, 05:26:25 PM »
Sometimes on the G.E dishwasher were the wires all run together. After you take front panel off there could be a broken wire there which is caused by opening  and closing door through years.There are about 5 or6 wires running under tub and back up to timer.Its will be at the bottom were the wires would be flexing back and fourth when opening door. And make sure there is a solid click to the flood switch.Look at the Float dome #WR12x445 and take that screw out to see if #WD12x335 float stem moving up and down and clicking the flood switch #WD21x479.Broken wire were door opening and closing very common on that style G.E.Good luck.

Offline dab147315

• Technician
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2013, 05:29:24 PM »
And what harold said too.Very common on all dishwashers.

Offline jumptrout51

• Technician
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2013, 06:17:15 PM »
This is not a time fll machine.
It is volume fill through the float switch.
A bad(sticking) float switch will cause this problem.
You can advance the timer just past the pump out setting and the water valve will be energized.
Use your meter on the water valve terminals to check for power.
If you get voltage and no water you have a bad water valve.
If you get no power,check for continuity of power through the float switch.
Take a Kid fishing.

Offline Rick32k

• Technician
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2013, 06:29:01 PM »
I physically held the switch closed and nothing happened. I checked for continuity in the switch so I know it works. I noticed that there is like a residue on the back of the wash selection buttons I'm thinking moisture got into the wire terminals and caused a short. The only other thing I can think of is to change the entire wire harness. I know there is continuity from the terminal to the solenoid valve and I hooked up 120 directly to the valve and it worked so its not the valve. I think maybe the neutral going back to the terminal is bad.

Offline Rick32k

• Technician
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2013, 06:32:49 PM »
Are you guys sure its a float fill machine? I'm gonna try and go back out there and do some more testing. I see that there are terminals but there not together the housing and the terminals are sold separate and I don't know how/  don't feel like building one from scratch.

Offline Rick32k

• Technician
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2013, 06:42:51 PM »
Does anyone have a ladder diagram. Or atleast a wiring diagram? It woul really help. Also remember it worked when I initially changed the timer.

Offline dab147315

• Technician
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2013, 08:32:31 PM »
Like jump says,Start out at the water valve with your voltmeter and see if there 120 volts there.Basic first.Let timer advance in the beginning of start cycle so you don,t advance timer past when it is suppose to fill.look for broken wire down the right side of dishwasher after removing lower panel.There will be only a short time when there will be 120 volts there.I know you direct tested valve.But i would start over again with testing with meter.

Offline dab147315

• Technician
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2013, 08:49:09 PM »
Correction the float dome # is WD12x455 this is on the left side of dishwasher inside tub and as screw in it to get to the float stem that sometimes gets gum up with junk and then does not hit flood switch and hence no power to water valve.

Offline Rick32k

• Technician
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2013, 09:32:52 PM »
went back and did what I should of done before and checked the neutral coming back from the valve it was broken so I repaired it. that was monday now hes complaining about residue on the dishes, I regret the day this guy called  our company.

donate
$1, $2, $5, $10, $20, $50

LG dishwasher, im stumped

Started by ewgrif

Replies: 2
Views: 738
Last post September 07, 2013, 07:09:44 AM
by wildimaginations