Author Topic: LSC27921SB Er dH on display and not cooling and frosting in freezer  (Read 507 times)

Offline scannerman96

• VIP Member
Hey all,

New to the group.  Sat night of course the LG LSC27921SB showed Er dH on the display.  Have been able to reset this every 4-6hr unplugging and plugging back in and it returns to normal, but still not much cold air coming out at all in either the fridge or freeze

I noticed a couple of weeks ago, just a little frost starting to build up on the back wall, but with the daily rush, didn't give it much thought.  I did stack some bread in front of the rear wall vents.  I just shut it down and removed all medication and meat to another mini fridge for the night to let it totally defrost.  I was also this morning able to clean out all the frost on the back wall.  By 5pm some more frost build up and some frost around the vents behind the ice maker.

Been all over the net with conflicting pages and don't want to have to buy uneccesarry parts.  Any help would be appreciated!  Also, need a service manual for this unit.  Hard to find!

Thanks very much,
shawn

Offline domain

• Technician
Er DH indicates a defrost failure. Single Evap being a side by side. The unit will need to be diagnosed to verify heater continuity as well as on the thermal cut out located in the defrost packet. 3 parts could have failed. Main pcb, Defrost packet, Heater assy. O0 O0

Offline scannerman96

• VIP Member
Thanks Domain,

How do I test for heater contiunity?  I think I saw a video on youtube about that from applianceassistant.com.  I do have a tester like the one he used in his video.  Could you please let me know the setting and what to do, I can do it.

I did take the back off and cleanedit all out after letting it defrost overnight.  Lot's of water.  As sson as I plugged it in, it didn't default back to 37/0 instead it stayed on the 39/3 I set yesterday.  I'll report back in another 4-6hrs if "Er dH" shows up again!

I thank you for your assistance in the matter very much and hope, but probably not, that this is the end of that error message!

shawn

Offline domain

• Technician
Its not if, its when it is going to show back up. Multiple videos on this subject. Lmk.

Offline scannerman96

• VIP Member
Hey Domain,

YOu have a link to these vids, or just youtube er dh?

thanks
shawn

Problem with Kenmore refrigerator not cooling, but freezer and icemaker are ok

Started by Bigmetalman

Replies: 3
Views: 5827
Last post February 13, 2008, 11:03:25 AM
by Bigmetalman
Whirlpool Freezer Intermittant Cooling

Started by TechnicianBrian

Replies: 0
Views: 1344
Last post August 14, 2008, 06:28:49 AM
by TechnicianBrian
Frigidaire Freezer not Cooling

Started by TechnicianBrian

Replies: 0
Views: 8897
Last post August 30, 2008, 07:54:56 AM
by TechnicianBrian
CROSLEY FRIDGE FREEZER NOT COOLING

Started by flair

Replies: 9
Views: 5987
Last post October 15, 2009, 08:02:50 PM
by JWWebster
KENMORE REFRIGERATOR NOT COOLING, FREEZER COLD

Started by whit

Replies: 3
Views: 3900
Last post December 17, 2008, 06:52:14 AM
by whit
GE side by side Refrigerator and freezer are not cooling.

Started by meamor

Replies: 1
Views: 3853
Last post January 15, 2009, 08:38:18 PM
by JWWebster