Forum > Refrigerator & Freezer Repair

how warm does freezer get during defrost

(1/2) > >>

cvcman:
Ok I have a new AcuRite freezer alarm...its realy a great idea..I have one wireless probe in my cellar small uoright freezer ( not a frost free) and the other in my side by side Whirlpool fridge freezer that IS frost free...You can set the upper and lower limits for the alarm.
 I had both set at upper 15 degs and lower -15 degs....the display also shows the avg upper and lower temps the freezers see.

well 1am my side by side goes off and I get up to see the temp at 16 degs but already dropping back to 14 degs...for the rest of the day eariler it stayed at betwen 0 and 2 degs...

Now Im assuming it was during the defrost cycle ??? So should I raise the upper limit to say 17 or 18 degs ?? How long is the defrost cycle and how warm does it get ?

:thanks:

domain:
I would say set the alarm for 22-25 degrees. That should keep you away from defrost temp rise(Depending on your set point and food load), and will also let you know way before the food thaws.... O0 O0

cvcman:
ok so it does warm in the freezer during the frost free cycle...sounds good..this is a really neat idea and we could have used it a few weeks ago when our compressor quit working and the freezer thawed out...

domain:
Hence the reason you bought the alarm in the first place..... ;)

AJ:
Interesting, when I read it was wireless I had to see what it looked like. :)

Yours is like this one then?
AcuRite Refrigerator/Freezer Wireless Digital Thermometer

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version