Author Topic: Dishes won't come clean - Frigidaire FDBB2455FB0  (Read 1018 times)

Offline ststarseed

• VIP Member
Dishes won't come clean - Frigidaire FDBB2455FB0
« on: April 11, 2013, 07:02:34 AM »

My Frigidaire (Electrolux) dishwasher is at least three years old (I inherited it when buying this house). I've never had any issues with it until last week, when, for no apparent reason, it stopped doing its normally-excellent job of, well, washing the dishes. Can you help me get it back to its normal state of wonderfulness?

Here's what I know:
-Until last week, it cleaned all manner of dishes with no issues. Then, glasses - almost always glasses - stopped coming clean. They came out of a wash with numerous bits of debris stuck to them and in some cases, streaks. Most other dishes - plates, bowls, anything plastic, continues to come out fairly clean, although in some cases, with notable dirtiness.
-I had been using the detergent bricks with no problems.
-The water temperature did not change. Indeed, the most striking thing about the washer's inability to properly clean dishes is that nothing really changed...at least that I know of or have found...

Here's what I've done in the last week, to no avail:
-Cleaned the filter on the bottom of the tub. (There was no significant buildup.)
-Cleaned out the piping under the sink to make sure there wasn't any blockage in the system (there wasn't).
-Used liquid detergent.
-Washed everything on the bottom rack while leaving the top rack empty.
-Checked the water temperature. It hadn't changed.
-Removed each of the three arms to confirm there wasn't any buildup in them (there wasn't).

I feel like the answer is probably simple, and I'm overlooking it. If anyone has any ideas about things I can do or look into to get the washer operating normally again, I'd appreciate it! Thanks!

Offline AppTek

• Technician
Re: Dishes won't come clean - Frigidaire FDBB2455FB0
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2013, 09:48:44 AM »
Most likely more debris in the wash pump area. Disassemble it below the filters and clean it out. Take note of the check ball and make sure it goes back in.
 Breakdown of the wash system attached.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2013, 09:51:24 AM by AppTek »

Offline tgoods

• Technician
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2013, 09:54:56 AM »
This dishwasher starts out washing with the lower spray arm.  Listen for a pause. After the pause the water should be directed to the upper spray arms. It will sound different when this happens.  Inside the pump there is a check ball.  It may be stuck causing no spray to the upper arms. I've only seen that happen once, but I have seen it. I think the only other thing it can be is a weak wash motor.

Offline Bailey

• Technician
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2013, 05:59:30 PM »
Is it filling with enough water? Wish I could tell you how much to look for but its not as easy as it used to be. The water level should be close to the element.

Offline ststarseed

• VIP Member
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2013, 06:31:18 AM »
Fixed! One of two things, or both things (not sure) got the dishwasher back to normal...

1 (the fixer solution). I went down into the area with the check ball (no serious debris) and moved it to make sure it was functioning properly.

2. (the duh solution). The handles on the lids of my son's sippy cups had been hanging down beneath the racks, preventing the spinners from spinning properly. We did a load of dishes, double-checking that the spinners could move freely, and voila!

Thanks to everyone for your help.

frigidaire dishwasher won't clean dishes

Started by rasputins fingerbone

Replies: 10
Views: 11153
Last post October 29, 2010, 07:41:40 AM
by Repair-man
Kenmore elite dishwasher not getting dishes clean on smart clean setting

Started by confusion

Replies: 1
Views: 2532
Last post April 23, 2009, 03:39:28 AM