Author Topic: GE Monogram ZISB480DRJ Too cold  (Read 1556 times)

Offline Bailey

• Technician
GE Monogram ZISB480DRJ Too cold
« on: April 09, 2013, 05:43:31 PM »
The fresh food side gets too cold and froze the water tank.Checked the thermistors and replace the bottom one. Didn't help. This has the digital displays. Temp stays at 29 Degrees. Took the service manual and checked the operation of the damper door. It does what the manual says it should do so the manual says replace the board.. Did that. Still too cold. Any suggestions? Forgot to add the freezer temp stays at 2 degrees.
ZISB480DRJ

Offline domain

• Technician
Re: GE Monogram ZISB480DRJ Too cold
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2013, 08:28:00 PM »
I would verify that the thermister is reading withing the rtd range @ the main pcb. Other than that I am not sure...

Offline schleven

• Technician
    • www.katy-appliance-repair.com
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2013, 08:31:21 PM »
I would doubel check the damper. I have tested some that i heard work, but upon further examination found that the damper flapper had actually broken and was not closing properly.
"It's not what happens to you, it's what you do about it"

Offline Bailey

• Technician
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2013, 09:11:14 AM »
I looked at the damper and saw it change position so I know it is free and capable of moving. I'm going back on it this morning. I've been thinking about the climate controlled drawer. It has its own control board, fan, thermister, and damper. Even though it is supposed to be sealed from the rest of the compartment, if it is continually letting in cold air maybe thats enough to keep the main area too cold. I'll let you know.

Offline Bailey

• Technician
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2013, 09:44:08 AM »
I got it figured out. This is a built in style like a subzero. It has a climate drawer in the bottom of the refrigerator side that has its own board, fan,sensor and 2 damper doors. One of the doors is visible behind the drawer. The other is hidden behind a small vent cover in the bottom of the freezer. I couldn't get my head in there so I used a mirror. It was wide open.There is a diagnostic you can run that will cycle all 3 doors in sequence, and this one never moved. I put some tape across the opening and within a couple of hours temps were back to normal.This was a first for me and the service manual on the CD from AJ has been well worth the money. Thanks for the help. Tomorrow I will get the new door on and then get the frozen water tank and lines thawed out.

Offline niobrara

• Technician
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2013, 09:57:41 PM »
Nice work .

Offline monogram

• VIP Member
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2014, 12:31:28 PM »
I got it figured out. This is a built in style like a subzero. It has a climate drawer in the bottom of the refrigerator side that has its own board, fan,sensor and 2 damper doors. One of the doors is visible behind the drawer. The other is hidden behind a small vent cover in the bottom of the freezer. I couldn't get my head in there so I used a mirror. It was wide open.There is a diagnostic you can run that will cycle all 3 doors in sequence, and this one never moved. I put some tape across the opening and within a couple of hours temps were back to normal.This was a first for me and the service manual on the CD from AJ has been well worth the money. Thanks for the help. Tomorrow I will get the new door on and then get the frozen water tank and lines thawed out.

I have this exact issue with my GE monogram. I covered the vent in the freezer and the refrigerator is back to normal temperature. How can I fix this? What part(s) are needed? Thank you in advance for your help.

cold cabin refridgerator

Started by dpezzelli

Replies: 3
Views: 2388
Last post April 19, 2008, 08:19:42 AM
by dpezzelli
Kenmore Refrigerator to Cold

Started by TechnicianBrian

Replies: 0
Views: 2034
Last post June 14, 2008, 06:52:51 AM
by TechnicianBrian