OK, a Sunday puzzler.
I have an older GE over the stove microwave, model JVM132K004. I believe this is made by Samsung, as the country of origin is Korea.
It works normally for a couple of mins, heating foods properly. Then, while in the middle of heating cycle, the light goes out and it sounds like the magnetron is stopped, but the timer keeps counting down like it thinks it is still working normally. I may get 1.5 to 2 mins into a heating cycle before exhibiting this cut-out.
A quick peeksee in the control panel and at the wiring harnesses shows nothing obvious (like a contact getting hot, etc), though I haven't torn into everything. I'm expecting this is something like a corroded contact which heats up after a couple of mins and then cuts out the power. There may be a thermal fuse somewhere that is misbehaving.
Machine will restart in a couple of mins, and do the same thing again.
Any clues on how to debug, or suggestions about what to look for? Thanks.