Author Topic: He3t washer not spinning  (Read 724 times)

Offline Mommeeof10

• VIP Member
He3t washer not spinning
« on: April 05, 2013, 11:58:13 PM »
I have an HE3t model 110.42932200, purchased in spring 2002? It has been getting noisier on spin cycles for several months. It now stops multiple times during loads, when the drum would normally be spinning/turning. Eventually it gives an f06 error and stops. Could the bearings be bad? That error seems to have something to do with the tachometer/motor control unit not communicating with the other control board. It would not be a big deal, except I still have 9 kids at home and my 2 yr old duet just died. It just says the word YES and beeps constantlly when it is plugged in. The duet's 2 yr costco warrantee ended 3 months ago.  :(

Offline Mommeeof10

• VIP Member
Re: He3t washer not spinning
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2013, 12:03:59 AM »
Tub on He3t spins freely, maybe too easily, when turning by hand. I do not remember replacing the drive belt yet. Usually we buy a service plan from sears on the old washer and driver, but let it lapse after we bought the new washer and dryer.

Online schleven

• Technician
    • www.katy-appliance-repair.com
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2013, 01:15:39 AM »
The duet says "yes" on the display? What model number is it?
"It's not what happens to you, it's what you do about it"

Offline Mommeeof10

• VIP Member
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2013, 08:04:17 AM »
Duet is a WFW9400sz04. It was displaying a f21 before I cleaned out the pump filter, which haas been done several times in the last few months. It also displayed F02 just before it died. Now when I plug it is, it immediately displays a code that says yes, then chimes multiple time, ad infinitum. I shot a video on my phone, need one of my teenagers to upload it to their youtube account.

I think the bearing on the HE3t could be bad. Before it stopped working, on spin cycles, it sounded like a metallic clanking, like someone was shaking/had dropped a large stack of metal pots. :P

Offline rockinrobin

• VIP Member
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2013, 11:55:50 PM »
Duet is a WFW9400sz04. It was displaying a f21 before I cleaned out the pump filter, which haas been done several times in the last few months. It also displayed F02 just before it died. Now when I plug it is, it immediately displays a code that says yes, then chimes multiple time, ad infinitum. I shot a video on my phone, need one of my teenagers to upload it to their youtube account.

I think the bearing on the HE3t could be bad. Before it stopped working, on spin cycles, it sounded like a metallic clanking, like someone was shaking/had dropped a large stack of metal pots. :P
Check the Drive Pulley screw/nut to be sure it's tight (located on the back side of the outer tub in the center - remove rear panel first). If it came loose use Lock-Tite on the screw/nut thread. Also, rotate the Drive Pulley manually (both direction's) to see if the noise is coming from the pulley area or from the Drive Motor. If the outer tub bearing is bad, you'll hear a grinding/dragging noise when manually rotating the pulley but it will sound more like a loud roaring noise during high spin speed.
Otherwise, there could be something caught (like an under bra) between the inner & outer tub. Open the door, use a flash light to look through the inner tub holes (around the bottom center area where the water drains out). If you see something then you'll need to remove the lower front panel (2 or more screws at the bottom), remove the big hose that connects to the outer tub then you can reach through the tub hole to pull the item out (may need a shop vac and/or wire hanger to assist you - wire hanger can be cut with needle nose pliers).

Offline Mommeeof10

• VIP Member
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2013, 06:35:09 PM »
Duet's issue must have been one of the control boards. After being unplugged for 24 hours, I plugged it back in and it ran a rinse/spin cycle with no problems. I'll cancel my appointment for the sears techs on Tuesday.

HE3t, After I get my taxes done, I think I'll spend the day taking it apart and checking everything, see if anything is loose or jammed anywhere in it.

What kind of training do you need to become an appliance repair person? I should encourage one of my kids to learn how. ;)

Offline Mommeeof10

• VIP Member
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2013, 06:56:17 AM »
And now the duet died again. Before it quit, was displaying an f21 error frequently. Pump filter has been cleaned out many times. Now, instead of draining, washer just hums. it looks like the pump for it and the he3t is the same one, so I'll order a new one and borrow the one from the he3t until the part gets here.

Kenmore Washer Not Spinning Properly

Started by TechnicianBrian

Replies: 0
Views: 2437
Last post April 23, 2008, 10:10:20 PM
by TechnicianBrian
one more "kenmore washer not spinning" thread

Started by idave03

Replies: 3
Views: 2207
Last post May 12, 2008, 03:11:05 PM
by idave03