Author Topic: GE Topload won't Spin: Motor hums & Tub won't move either direction WDSR2080D2WW  (Read 2183 times)

Offline haroldsappliance

• Technician
    • Appliance repair

Two different style of washer's have been mentioned in this thread. The OP's is the T style (no inverter/mode shifter). Then rockinrobin mentioned that he worked on a similar one (not really) that had a motor with circuit board on top (inverter with mode shifter). I was responding to and quoted part of his post refering to the "inverter motor".

Pay attention  :)  Thread deviation ahead   :)

Eric

I can see your not interested in making any new friends!

Offline JWWebster

• Technician
  • SublimeMasterJW
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
    • JW's Sublime Appliance Advice
I was thinking about adding some extra plastic rod support inserts on top of the existing rods but I cannot find them. I did however get another machine like it so I now have 2 of them to monkey with. LOL The Hydrowave I worked and replaced a belt a while back was pretty simple. Made a crude video:
« Last Edit: April 07, 2013, 11:57:28 AM by JWWebster »
May the hinges of our friendship
        never grow rusty.

About the icons: The beer is tip link, if a tech saves ya some money buy em a 6 pack. The small green square=personal message. The green dot is a link to my web page on appliance repair and other general BS I love to post. The letter sends me email.
I love fan letters! LOL

Offline fairbank56

• Technician
  Have you checked for a sagging front apron? This is a known issue on many models including two versions of the WDSR2080, the G3 and G5. There's a service kit available to remedy this problem.

Eric
« Last Edit: April 07, 2013, 12:28:44 PM by fairbank56 »

Offline abzaatari

• VIP Member
it is not the motor because the washer is agitating, neither the clutch since the motor is humming when the belt is off , for sure it is the timer.

Offline appltech

• Technician
    • Appliance Technology
JW, every GE washer I've serviced bottoms out the suspension rods when fully loaded with water. This is normal. Check to make sure the bottom panel has not been bent upward or the top frame has not bent downward. I have seen both of these conditions causing the motor pulley/flywheel/belt to drag on the 'floor' of the unit.

Offline PARTech

• Technician
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
    • Panhandle Appliance LLC
JW, every GE washer I've serviced bottoms out the suspension rods when fully loaded with water. This is normal. Check to make sure the bottom panel has not been bent upward or the top frame has not bent downward. I have seen both of these conditions causing the motor pulley/flywheel/belt to drag on the 'floor' of the unit.

I've seen the same thing, can't count the number of calls where the fix was either to stomp on the bottom plate (yes you can fit your foot back in there on both sides) or replace the front apron brace.
Serving North Idaho

Neptune TL pulley on bottom of tub will not turn in spin direction, motor OK

Started by jimtea

Replies: 4
Views: 1304
Last post July 30, 2009, 04:59:06 AM
by Repair-man
Maytag Centennial TL Washer won't Drain/Spin Motor Hums

Started by rockinrobin

Views: 4467
Last post March 24, 2012, 10:00:20 AM
by RegUS_PatOff
Whirlpool Topload LSQ9610JQ0 won't Spin (Motor makes a humming/buzzing noise)

Started by rockinrobin

Views: 814
Last post June 13, 2013, 10:56:12 AM
by JWWebster
maytag noisy when agitating noise chenges with direction spin quiet

Started by funbiz99

Replies: 9
Views: 3267
Last post March 03, 2008, 08:07:48 PM
by JWWebster
Doesn't agitate or spin - Motor rotates too quickly and creates buring smell