Forum > Dishwasher Repair

Amana ADB1400 Stops and Drains before completing normal wash

(1/3) > >>

bg02578:
After about 15-30 minutes my Amana dishwasher will stop mid-cycle, drain, and then shut off (including all of the indicator lights on the panel).

When this happens, the red drain LED turns on as if the Drain/Cancel switch had been pushed.

It appears to be doing this regularly, but I was able to get it to run a full cycle once  by cutting the power to the dishwasher for a minuter or two.

The switches are membrane switches.   Do they go bad?  The Drain/Cancel switch seems to function correctly (push it the red LED turns on and a drain cycle starts).

Where can I get a service manual?

Can the dishwasher control program decide to activate  "Drain/Cancel" for some reason?

I see this identical problem posted elsewhere, but no solutions are offered.

Thanks

Bailey:
We all run into problems we haven't seen before. This is an unusual one. Sounds like a problem with the board. the only other thing that comes to mind would be a stuck key on the membrane switch. Some wiring diagrams will include a way to check continuity of the membrane matrix.Often you just have to narrow down the suspects and make a educated guess.

bg02578:
Bailey,

Thanks for the suggestions. I was thinking the same thing.  I will repeat an experiment I tried - which is to lock out the buttons (an option on this model).   This seems to have worked once last night for a 1 hour, no hi temp, no heated dry mode with the lock feature turned on.

The dishwasher (over 2 years old and outside any warranty) belongs to a friend.  I have a couple of Kitchenaid dishwashers installed in 1984 which have never given me any trouble.

Is the control program in the dishwasher smart enough to detect a problem, drain the dishwasher and cancel the wash cycle.
If not then, as you said it has to be a control board/membrane switch problem.

Too bad I can't just plug in an OBDII reader in to the dishwasher and find out what is wrong like in a car.

The control module  is  a W10319897 - I think.
 How long does it take a pro to replace the control board? 
Would I learn anything by running a manual test/ field service test on the dishwasher?

I have been fixing appliances all my life 65+, so I will give it a try.

Barry

Bailey:
Some boards n give you a failure code but can't recall one being smart enough to cancel and drain on its own.It shouldn't take more than 15 minutes to replace the board.

domain:
LG top loads drain (dr) when left paused or errored out for *8 minutes for safety O0

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version