Author Topic: Whirlpool Washer fills but does not agitate, spin or drain - Model LSQ9564MQ0  (Read 3872 times)

Offline fairbank56

• Technician
  If this is the part you are talking about, you just need a right angle 1/8" (.125) female quick disconnect terminal. You might be able to find them locally, you can certainly find them online.

Eric

« Last Edit: April 04, 2013, 08:46:04 AM by fairbank56 »

Offline tgoods

• Technician
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
If the connection is not burnt, soldering should be a good repair. Maybe secure it with tape or a zip tie to be sure.

Offline fairbank56

• Technician

Soldering of wires in a washing machine is never a good idea because of the constant vibration. Crimp connections are the way to go. Same goes for trains, planes, boats and automobiles  ;)

Eric

Offline dksagun

• VIP Member
The right angle crimp connector is exactly what I am looking fir.  Where can I can I find it?  Also, I noticed the machine vibrates quite a bit in the spin cycle.  Not sure is something got altered during the removal of the cabinet.  Any ideas?

Offline fairbank56

• Technician
  Double check the width on the terminals. Seems to me that they are 1/8" (.125). I cannot find that size flag terminal anywhere. Do a search on flag terminals. You could just cut the white wire from the terminal and cut the white wire from the wire harness motor cable connector and use standard 1/4" male/female quick disconnect terminals that you can get at any auto supply store. As far as vibration, check the 3 horizontal tub suspension springs and the one vertical balance spring in the back. Also check the suspension pads. There are 3 on top of the base assembly and 3 on top of the skate plate. The skate plate sits between the tub support and the base assembly. Replace the pads if they are worn or any are broken.

Eric
« Last Edit: April 04, 2013, 07:19:10 PM by fairbank56 »

Offline tgoods

• Technician
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
Soldering of wires in a washing machine is never a good idea because of the constant vibration.

I disagree. I have soldered hundreds of connections on many different appliances and have never had a callback.  On the other hand, I have had many crimped connections fail.  Now, if use a crimped connector for a high current application, I also solder it to avoid a callback.

Offline fairbank56

• Technician

The problem with soldering a stranded wire crimp termination is that the solder will wick up into the strands of the wire under the insulation which has now created a small section of basically solid wire. The very reason we use stranded wire versus solid wire is because of it's flexibility. A wire termination at a motor is obviously going to be under a lot of vibration. Constant flexing of a solid wire versus a stranded wire is going to cause it to break a lot sooner than the stranded one. Sure, it may never fail, I'm just saying it's not a good idea. Soldering of terminations is ok as long as you properly secure the wire so that any vibration takes place beyond the secured point and not between the secured point and the termination. My experience is 37 years as an electronics technician with the federal government following rigid established training techniques and documented procedures for wiring terminations. The other problem here is that the average DIY'er doesn't know how to solder and doesn't possess the proper crimp tools to make a proper crimp connection anyway. I don't recommend soldering wire terminations on washing machines.

Eric

Follow us on Google+

whirlpool washer model LXR9245EQ1- won't drain-slow spin

Started by fixmeplz

Replies: 2
Views: 5882
Last post January 16, 2008, 10:13:02 PM
by JWWebster
whirlpool washer model LSR9434PQ0 won't agitate or spin

Started by jhuffman

Replies: 4
Views: 2039
Last post May 28, 2012, 06:16:50 PM
by JWWebster
Whirlpool Washer doesn't spin, agitate, or drain?

Started by Tropix

Replies: 13
Views: 6778
Last post August 07, 2009, 11:10:39 PM
by JWWebster
Whirlpool washer can not agitate but can spin and drain water

Started by martintu

Replies: 3
Views: 2080
Last post May 14, 2010, 07:14:23 AM
by martintu
Whirlpool washer won't agitate/spin/drain

Started by Chris L

Replies: 7
Views: 7712
Last post July 24, 2010, 08:43:26 PM
by tgoods
Whirlpool washer does not agitate,spin or drain!

Started by real69ss

Replies: 23
Views: 5465
Last post August 08, 2012, 09:32:41 AM
by AJ