Author Topic: Whirlpool Washer fills but does not agitate, spin or drain - Model LSQ9564MQ0  (Read 6000 times)

Offline fairbank56

• Technician
  Turn washer on so that timer is running, lid closed. Unplug washer and check continuity (zero ohms) from power cord neutral (large blade) to the wht/blk wire on the motor connector. If no good, check to gray wire. Also check from power cord hot (small blade) to motor orange and blue. You should have continuity to one or the other depending on where you are in the cycle. If the motor switch is good, you should have it to both. If no good, either timer is faulty or there is a wiring issue (broken wire, burnt/corroded connection...etc.).

Eric
« Last Edit: April 03, 2013, 08:35:33 AM by fairbank56 »

Offline dksagun

• VIP Member
The white wire on the motor on the motor haness connector was detatched.  Made the mistake of just touching the wire to the contact with power on and experiencing some major arcing.  Powered down and soldered the wire to the slide off contact lug spade. Lo and behold the washer is now running.  Where can I get a replacement lug spade contact for the motor assembly as I am not sure how long the solder job will hold.  Looks like the wire broke as a result of arcing or heat damage in the first place.

Offline AJ

• Technician
    Administrator
    • ApplianceJunk.com - Appliance Repair
Good job!  O0

Where can I get a replacement lug spade contact for the motor assembly as I am not sure how long the solder job will hold.

I believe this maybe what your looking for, Terminal 352088.
Hope you find our website helpful.

Offline dksagun

• VIP Member
Doesn't quite look like that.  It is brass/gold in color and attaches to a male spade on the black harness assembly

Offline AJ

• Technician
    Administrator
    • ApplianceJunk.com - Appliance Repair
Ok, what I posted is the female connector that goes on the wire harness.
Never replaced the part that is on the motor assembly. As far as I know it's not a part that is commonly available, if I'm thinking of the right part this time.

Hope you find our website helpful.

Offline fairbank56

• Technician
  If this is the part you are talking about, you just need a right angle 1/8" (.125) female quick disconnect terminal. You might be able to find them locally, you can certainly find them online.

Eric

« Last Edit: April 04, 2013, 08:46:04 AM by fairbank56 »

Offline tgoods

• Technician
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
If the connection is not burnt, soldering should be a good repair. Maybe secure it with tape or a zip tie to be sure.

Offline fairbank56

• Technician

Soldering of wires in a washing machine is never a good idea because of the constant vibration. Crimp connections are the way to go. Same goes for trains, planes, boats and automobiles  ;)

Eric

Offline dksagun

• VIP Member
The right angle crimp connector is exactly what I am looking fir.  Where can I can I find it?  Also, I noticed the machine vibrates quite a bit in the spin cycle.  Not sure is something got altered during the removal of the cabinet.  Any ideas?

Offline fairbank56

• Technician
  Double check the width on the terminals. Seems to me that they are 1/8" (.125). I cannot find that size flag terminal anywhere. Do a search on flag terminals. You could just cut the white wire from the terminal and cut the white wire from the wire harness motor cable connector and use standard 1/4" male/female quick disconnect terminals that you can get at any auto supply store. As far as vibration, check the 3 horizontal tub suspension springs and the one vertical balance spring in the back. Also check the suspension pads. There are 3 on top of the base assembly and 3 on top of the skate plate. The skate plate sits between the tub support and the base assembly. Replace the pads if they are worn or any are broken.

Eric
« Last Edit: April 04, 2013, 07:19:10 PM by fairbank56 »

whirlpool washer model LXR9245EQ1- won't drain-slow spin

Started by fixmeplz

Replies: 2
Views: 7204
Last post January 16, 2008, 10:13:02 PM
by JWWebster
whirlpool washer model LSR9434PQ0 won't agitate or spin

Started by jhuffman

Replies: 4
Views: 3130
Last post May 28, 2012, 06:16:50 PM
by JWWebster
Whirlpool Washer doesn't spin, agitate, or drain?

Started by Tropix

Replies: 13
Views: 7707
Last post August 07, 2009, 11:10:39 PM
by JWWebster
Whirlpool washer can not agitate but can spin and drain water

Started by martintu

Replies: 3
Views: 2607
Last post May 14, 2010, 07:14:23 AM
by martintu
Whirlpool washer won't agitate/spin/drain

Started by Chris L

Replies: 7
Views: 8791
Last post July 24, 2010, 08:43:26 PM
by tgoods
Whirlpool washer does not agitate,spin or drain!

Started by real69ss

Replies: 23
Views: 6996
Last post August 08, 2012, 09:32:41 AM
by AJ