Author Topic: SpeedQueen shook then shutdown now clicks then blinks  (Read 761 times)

Offline unalaskan

• VIP Member
SpeedQueen shook then shutdown now clicks then blinks
« on: April 01, 2013, 08:47:39 PM »
Hi, I live in the Aleutian Islands (Unalaska) 1/2 way between Alaska and Russia. No chance of me finding a Speed Queen Model CTS97AWN repairman here, do thought I'd take a chance on the web. My 7 yr old washer sounded unbalanced and shook a bit then shut down. I reloaded the laundry but only get clicks for 5 seconds and then get green blinking lights on my Rinse and Final Spin settings. I then have to unplug, replug outlet and try again, same thing. If I set it to Spin Only I get the pump to come on while it clicks for 5 secs, blinking lights, no go. took the lower and back panels off, spun the belt and drum turns freely either way. cleaned a few coins out of drain, but seems ok and pump looks fine. No other clues than the clicking about every sec for 5 secs before it shuts down to the blinking stage. Any Clues??? Thanks in advance, will pay it forward where I can. Walt

Offline appltech

• Technician
    • Appliance Technology
Re: SpeedQueen shook then shutdown now clicks then blinks
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2013, 12:39:00 AM »
I'm not a Speed Queen specific technician, and I can't tell whether your model is top or front loading. If it was out of balance, it could have broken the lid/door lock or switch. If the unit can't confirm that the door is closed, it probably won't spin...for obvious safety issues.

GE top loader washer just makes a click on motor a green light blinks

Started by ivantorr22

Replies: 0
Views: 2118
Last post June 17, 2009, 07:12:02 PM
by ivantorr22
GE Front Load Washer, stops - light blinks no error codes.

Started by DressageQueen

Replies: 5
Views: 4103
Last post November 26, 2011, 05:24:55 PM
by DressageQueen
Samsung WF409ANW vibration and shutdown

Started by mpatten2

Replies: 0
Views: 349
Last post July 23, 2013, 02:05:33 PM
by mpatten2