Author Topic: Whirlpool refrigerator gb2fhdxwq water leaking in bottom of freezer  (Read 6237 times)

Offline Fitter30

• Technician
Turned ice maker off and water. Water is coming from defrost cycle. Checked drain opening and even took off the rubber nipple on bottom of drain tube. Still have to clean ice out of the bottom dailey .fridge is a 18 months old and it stated two weeks ago

Offline AJ

• Technician
    Administrator
    • ApplianceJunk.com - Appliance Repair Help
Not sure on this model, but with some evaporator cover you have to watch the bottom edge when you put them back in place other wise water can run off them funny when defrosting.

Hows the freezer and refrigerator temps? Is there anything else frosting up besides the evaporator coil that maybe producing the water in the bottom? Such as air vents between the freezer and refrigerator frosting up?

Offline Fitter30

• Technician
Freezer evap cover has never been off, defrost and temps are fine. I'm going to try to spray some evap coil cleaner on the coil thinking food or plastic may have off gassed and is making the coil drain funny.

Offline AJ

• Technician
    Administrator
    • ApplianceJunk.com - Appliance Repair Help
Checked drain opening and even took off the rubber nipple on bottom of drain tube.

Freezer evap cover has never been off

How did you check the drain opening without removing the evaporator cover?

Don't you have to remove the cover to access the drain hole at the top?

Online niobrara

• Technician
 :popcorn:

Offline RAH52

• Technician
I'm sure it needs a drain grommet ...if the drain trough is already frozen up removing the "rubber nipple" won,t make a difference .The ice in the trough needs melting and the grommet changed .If you don't want to dismantle anything unplug the fridge and open the doors for 24 hours .

Offline Fitter30

• Technician
update!!  put freezer in a manual defrost twice. pulled ice tray out so i could get my short arm back to the freezer coil. without pulling the back off, sprayed two cups of warm water with a few drops of dish soap on the coil through the panel slots onto the coil. freezers been fine for over two weeks. to put freezer in manual defrost- open refrigerator door, push light switch closed- take refrigerator temp, not the freezer, arrow down the temp three times, release door switch,everything should shut down, and start the defrost cycle. listen closely you can hear the ice melting off the coil. defrost cycle ends and compressor will restart, put defrost cycle back in, when it's finished, turn fridge off spray the coil, turn frige back on. you don't want to use so much spray that you over flow the drain pan in the bottom of the fridge

Online dab147315

• Technician

I'm sure it needs a drain grommet ...if the drain trough is already frozen up removing the "rubber nipple" won,t make a difference .The ice in the trough needs melting and the grommet changed .If you don't want to dismantle anything unplug the fridge and open the doors for 24 hours .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk 2

Online dab147315

• Technician
RAH52 What is the part # for the rubber grommet ?

Offline RAH52

• Technician

Online dab147315

• Technician
Thanks you.

Repair Guide: Whirlpool Refrigerator - Water in bottom of fridge under drawers.

Started by AJ

Replies: 3
Views: 81273
Last post July 08, 2007, 12:04:06 PM
by curtis
GE Refrigerator Bottom Freezer with Ice & Water in Door Service Manual

Started by AJ

Replies: 0
Views: 988
Last post September 12, 2011, 06:38:20 AM
by AJ
Water Disp Leaking Kenmore (Whirlpool) Side by side Refrigerator 106.52754100

Started by MisterEd

Views: 2039
Last post August 07, 2012, 07:13:40 AM
by haroldsappliance
Maytag Bottom Freezer leaking water every couple months

Started by rego

Replies: 18
Views: 5696
Last post June 16, 2013, 02:17:40 PM
by RAH52
Removing Freezer Rack Whirlpool Gold Bottom Mount Refrigerator

Started by resapp

Views: 2780
Last post June 03, 2013, 10:26:22 PM
by tgoods
What would cause water to collect beneath the crispers of my refrigerator-freezer?

Started by yahoo

Replies: 2
Views: 2551
Last post March 24, 2008, 09:11:06 AM
by JWWebster