Author Topic: error code LG WM2277HW  (Read 837 times)

Offline malarz

• VIP Member
error code LG WM2277HW
« on: April 04, 2013, 05:54:37 AM »
I've searched previous topics and see that the error code the machine displays--upside-down F then E--appears to be for a faulty Thermistor.  I've followed the service manual recommended procedure of unplugging, letting the machine sit, have also drained the tub, then plugged in again, turned on the Power have run through the one minute cycle of No Spin.  Still, when I put laundry back into the tub the error code comes on. 

A faulty Thermistor?  Hall Sensor?

Are these parts easily replaceable?

Thanks for any help.

ken

Offline wildimaginations

• Technician
Re: error code LG WM2277HW
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2013, 06:13:54 AM »
Replace the thermistor.  It's very easy to get to.  The best way is to tilt the washer back and go underneath it.  You will find the thermistor located in the front of the tub next to the heater.  Just pull the thermistor out from the rubber mount.  You will notice that the wire harness is held together by a zip tie.  Cut the zip tie to disconnect the thermistor from the wire harness.  Be sure to zip tie the wire harness back together to hold the wire harness in place.

Hope this helps.
Appliance Service Technician
Authorized servicer on LG appliances.
About 45 mins east of San Francisco

Offline malarz

• VIP Member
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2013, 08:35:46 AM »
Thanks for the advice.  I tipped the machine backwards, located the thermistor and inspected the wiring.  There was one wire (dark blue) which had disconnected from its harness.  I've pulled the metal plug from the plastic sheath and am preparing to re-connect and re-solder the wire.  I'll have to look again but it appears that this is a wire which lead to the thermistor element.

ken

Offline domain

• Technician
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2013, 07:19:09 PM »
Thanks for the advice.  I tipped the machine backwards, located the thermistor and inspected the wiring.  There was one wire (dark blue) which had disconnected from its harness.  I've pulled the metal plug from the plastic sheath and am preparing to re-connect and re-solder the wire.  I'll have to look again but it appears that this is a wire which lead to the thermistor element.

ken

Thermisters VERY RARELY FAIL per LG Tech training. Likewise I have never encountered a failed thermister. On the front load LG units with the thermister separate from the heater assy, the connection is almost ALWAYS to blame. Take out the quick connect, solder the wires and secure them. Enjoy you washer. Your error code is te, Thermister Error. O0 O0

Offline malarz

• VIP Member
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2013, 08:11:09 PM »
Thanks.  Exactly what I did.  Washer works well and I have a renewed peace of mind.  My wife thanks me. :thanks:

ken

Offline john63

• Technician
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2013, 09:07:02 PM »
<<<Thermisters VERY RARELY FAIL>>>

I've never seen a failed Thermistor either---10 + years.

For those consumers/owners of older LG washers---if an error "tE" occurs---and the wiring at the Thermistor Plug is *undamaged*---add electrically-conductive compound/paste to the plug and reconnect.

Most "tE" errors are caused by "weak" plug connection(s) at the Thermistor.

On LG washers built after 2008---the Thermistor has been relocated to the Heater Assy (less likelihood of vibration/weakened connection).

Whirlpool electronic error code

Started by roxgirl

Replies: 1
Views: 4377
Last post July 25, 2007, 08:15:36 PM
by AJ
Whirlpool Duet Washer - F-30 error code and clunking noise in detergent area.

Started by AJ

Replies: 3
Views: 11804
Last post November 15, 2009, 09:34:58 AM
by AJ
Kitchenaid Washer F11 Error Code

Started by TechnicianBrian

Replies: 0
Views: 4157
Last post March 23, 2008, 07:06:27 AM
by TechnicianBrian
error code F-05