Forum > Washer Repair

Whirlpool Topload LSQ8543JQ0 won't Drain before Spin

<< < (2/3) > >>

fairbank56:

You say "the drive motor isn't running". How long after agitation stops does it take til the motor starts again?

Eric

rockinrobin:

--- Quote from: fairbank56 on March 22, 2013, 07:30:19 PM ---
  You say "the drive motor isn't running". How long after agitation stops does it take til the motor starts again?

Eric

--- End quote ---
The Drive Motor will start up again once the Timer advances to the Spin position.

fairbank56:

Well, you didn't really answer the question but if it takes a long time between when agitation stops and drain/spin starts, then I'd say you have a bad timer in addition to a problem with the gearcase neutral drain mechanism.

Eric

rockinrobin:

--- Quote from: Bailey on March 22, 2013, 05:53:32 PM ---The whole point of the neutral drain function is so the water can be pumped out before it starts to spin. There are some parts inside the transmission that allow this to happen. They wear out and it will spin and pump out at the same time. There is a neutral drain kit 388253 that will correct this problem.

--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: fairbank56 on March 22, 2013, 08:53:27 PM ---
  Well, you didn't really answer the question but if it takes a long time between when agitation stops and drain/spin starts, then I'd say you have a bad timer in addition to a problem with the gearcase neutral drain mechanism.

Eric

--- End quote ---
The Drive Motor is dead (doesn't run & no humming sound) during Drain mode.

I understand that this type of Washer should not Spin until most of the Water is out of the Tub.

rockinrobin:
The Water Level Switch sends power to the Timer after the Tub is full.
Therefore, could the Water Level Switch be the problem since it allows the Water to drain while spinning (instead of waiting until the Tub is nearly empty)?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version