Forum > Refrigerator & Freezer Repair

ge GTH21KCXABB leaking water under crispers

(1/2) > >>

schleven:
I went on a call today on this fridge. Complaint was water coming out front of fridge from under crispers. Its a basic freezer top so i assumed clogged or frozen drain line. Pulled the freezer apart and wasnt frozen. Checked the hole in back of fridge section where the water drains in and it wasnt clogged. I blew some air in and water splashed back at me. Then i remembered reading out the duckbill valve showing up on these.  I take off the back, and sure enough the goofy new drain fitting was  logged with slime.  Cleaned it out and all was well. 
What a crappy design.  Wonder how long it will be before they change it to another new and improved idea.
Glad i had read about those on here before. Just wish i would have remembered before i took the freezer and fridge sections apart.

lesguns:
I cut a V in center of duckbill for a better opening.

haroldsappliance:
Thanks Schieven. You say you took the  back off? Was this duckbill in the ff section? Thanks. I ordered some of the new duckbills for wpl but wasn't aware of the ge issue until now.

domain:
I imagine he took the rear compressor room panel off to find a slimed duck bill. I scrub whirlpools with contact cleaner and bristle brush. Some teflon spray may work wonders after cleaning.
 :D

schleven:
Took off The compressor panel. The duckbill in the middle, slightly hidden. It was slimed just like Domain said.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version