Author Topic: GTH22SBRARBS  (Read 480 times)

Offline generaltech1

• Technician
  • 15 yrs combined applice and hvac with some r
GTH22SBRARBS
« on: March 14, 2013, 12:52:10 PM »
Does this unit have a variable speed evap motor? It appears to be pulsing as its running. I just replaced the motherboard and the evap fan motor. Its maintaining proper temps, but im unsure about the evap motor. Thanks

Offline haroldsappliance

• Technician
    • Appliance repair
Re: GTH22SBRARBS
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2013, 03:20:48 PM »
This motor is designed to run at two different speeds, but the change in speed should not be fluctuating. Check old board for a burnt or discolored resister below the j2 connector. If so, replace both the motor and the board. I replace a lot of these boards because of this problem. I would say, try another board. Evap motor should not be surging. I normally only replace board unless resister is burnt. If so, replace both.

Offline generaltech1

• Technician
  • 15 yrs combined applice and hvac with some r
Re: GTH22SBRARBS
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2013, 06:53:14 PM »
Thanks for the reply. And there were quite a few discolored resistors on the old board including ones below the J2, as well as relays sticking.  After reading the sticky about this issue, I replaced the motherboard and the fan. When I noticed what I had described, it was an empty, 60* box, and I think I may have just been hearing the the refrigerant flow. I checked it over the last few days and  the temps have stabilized within a few degrees, and the fan sounds steady. I haven't touched a residential refer  on a regular basis, in almost five years.  If you feel that my thinking is flawed on this, please feel free to let me know. Thanks again for the reply.

donate
$1, $2, $5, $10, $20, $50

G.E. GTH22SBRARBS Top Mount Refer

Started by generaltech1

Replies: 25
Views: 2572
Last post April 06, 2012, 04:04:11 PM
by AJ