Author Topic: This Kitchenaid SXS fridge,fresh food side gets too cold(freezing the milk)  (Read 3314 times)

Offline shillion

• Technician
  • I have been repairing appliances since 1983
My customer's Kitchenaid SXS fridge model# KSRA25KKSS01 is freezing the milk and juice even though the temperature controls in both the freezer and the fresh food are at the warmest.The tech sheet is missing(what's new?).The service manual I find in the service CD I got from Appliancejunk has a service manual that is  very close to this model and yet is not the right one.That service manual shows a diagnostic procedure that requires the control panel to have a Power on/off push button and a water filter reset button and 2 indicating lites(good or change the filter).The fridge in question does not have the filter reset button and does not have the Good nor change lites.So I am looking for the service manual or the tech sheet for that model.Please help!I certainly won't be the guy to take away the tech sheet if I am not planning to put it back later.     Shillion :embarassed:

Offline schleven

• Technician
    • www.katy-appliance-repair.com
Sounds like the damper is stuck open.
"It's not what happens to you, it's what you do about it"

Online dab147315

• Technician
Don,t have a tech diagram but i have replace the diffuser part # 2216112 and also the thermistor #2188819 a lot on that model.The diffuser is motor driven and the motor goes bad.Also look for frost on the diffuser in the fresh food side.Sometimes people leave door open and frost can build around it causing the diffuser vent not to move when it should.No frost i would change both parts.

Offline RegUS_PatOff

• Technician
... does not have the filter reset button
... and does not have the Good nor change lites
1) use the Over-Temperature Reset Button
2) PASS = Max Cool LED
FAIL = Over-Temperature Reset LED
After leaving this Earth, "Do you want the smoking or non-smoking section?"

Offline shillion

• Technician
Hello Dab,Schleven and Regus,your info and advice are most valuable.I am going back to see my customer to check those things out and perform the diagnostic test.I am really relieved that there is something I can do rather than asking him to call the Whirlpool man and thus lose a customer.I will post my test results.Thanks again!     Shillion

Offline shillion

• Technician
Hello all friendly and helpful technicians,I got the word from the owner of the SXS fridge.Everything is working fine now.So the original problem of fresh food side was freezing is gone.You guys are great!I replaced both the fridge and freezer thermistors even thou the diagnostic results say they "passed".Good to know you guys! :thankyou:

Fresh Food not cold

Started by cobraguyonli

Replies: 2
Views: 1783
Last post March 01, 2009, 12:35:27 AM
by cobraguyonli
MSD2756DEB Maytag side by side-freezer cold,but fridge is at 50 degree's

Started by djbrun

Replies: 7
Views: 3981
Last post September 07, 2009, 11:15:58 PM
by RegUS_PatOff
GE Adora side by side, about 5 yrs top part of fridge warm, bottom part freezing

Started by mikeamick

Replies: 4
Views: 3339
Last post September 27, 2010, 08:53:36 PM
by mikeamick
Kenmore side by side fridge doesn't get cold

Started by deadeye

Replies: 2
Views: 3291
Last post December 14, 2010, 08:00:57 AM
by JWWebster
fisher & paykel E522BR1 freezing in the fresh food section