Author Topic: What is going on with my Samsung refrigerator. Stops working after two days  (Read 1542 times)

Offline ronnyruiz

• VIP Member

Model: RB1955VQ/XAA

Hello. I have a problem with a Samsung refrigerator. The device works well for a day or two and then stops working. The temperature of the refrigerator is shown in an outer door panel. When it stops working, flashing frezeer temperature, only -2 is flashing several times and does not work in compressor.
I've changed the two frezeer sensors, and control board and nothing cooler. Follow the same problem. When it works well, the device reaches its temperature and everything. But it seems that only works a couple of days and then the same problem. I do not know what else to do. I do not know if the problem is the sensors above the refrigerator, as the device is a bottom frezzer
What more could you change to make it work? ... what is the problem with this refrigerator? ... anyone can help me

Offline ohmslaw

• Technician
Evap. Circulation fan issue?

So you are getting no cooling in both compartments when the symptom occurs? Are the Evap fans turning when compressor is on and doors are closed? - use forced mode in fast track to test. (Depending on the type of door switch, you can use a magnet to trigger door switch or just push the manual switch lever.)
Normal Frost Pattern?

Attached is the fast track manual if you do not already have it
« Last Edit: March 10, 2013, 05:45:45 PM by ohmslaw »

Offline ronnyruiz

• VIP Member
The fans are working. I have tried manually operated. Rotates normally. Both the refrigerator and freezer. I opened the door and hand pull the switch and the fans operate. What else can it be?

Offline ohmslaw

• Technician
Please clarify the symptoms

is the following correct?

Unit works normally for a few days and then -2 flashes on the display and you have no cooling?

if so, WHEN this occurs, can you use forced compressor mode to run the compressor?
If you do, do ALL fans run and do both compartments cool?
« Last Edit: March 10, 2013, 06:43:54 PM by ohmslaw »

Offline wildimaginations

• Technician
Sounds like the control board relay has a problem.  See attachment for reference.
Appliance Service Technician
Authorized servicer on LG appliances.
About 45 mins east of San Francisco

Offline ronnyruiz

• VIP Member
apology a question .. as forced mode in the refrigerator?

Offline ohmslaw

• Technician
The fast track manual I attached refers to it as "Forced mode", then "forced compressor" once in that mode.

Offline ronnyruiz

• VIP Member
ok .. I will try. I'm not in front of the refrigerator. Now getting ahead of the results. It could be if the compressor does not run, to give a click to the button of the refrigerator? That is exactly what would happen or what would be the problem?

Offline ronnyruiz

• VIP Member
If my friend. That's right. The machine works well a day or two and then stops and flashes the frezeer. That's my problem, I do not know, you do. I changed the freezer sensors and also the bord and the same.
I took your advice and ran the compressor forced mode. The compressor work well. The fans also. Air threw. I left it turned on for 1 hour and the refrigerator temperature reached. Then I disconnected for a couple of minutes and then plug him again for normal operation. Two hours later I returned the refrigerator was working fine. Tomorrow is likely to find it flashing again. You know what is happening with this cooler?

Offline ohmslaw

• Technician
..back at the beginning... is the ac power to the unit ok?

If you replaced the pcb and sensors, that would eliminate those most likely, which is about where parts changing will get ya  :D. You force the compressor on and it comes on and runs fine, This would apparently eliminate the ptc, cap, etc (wouldn't hurt to at least check the startup cap). If your cooling issue is in one compartment, I would suspect an evap fan. This assumes you have looked at the defrost components while you were changing the sensors.

I suppose it is possible for a control pcb to be at fault, but unlikely. Really.. you just need to let the unit fail and troubleshoot the malfunction while it happening.

Offline ronnyruiz

• VIP Member
I will change, the freezer fan, to see if this is solved. I will keep you informed

whirlpool refrigerator air circulation fan not working

Started by mriedford

Replies: 2
Views: 14935
Last post January 17, 2009, 07:20:07 PM
by JWWebster
RS2530bsh Samsung Refrigerator

Started by grantski

Replies: 3
Views: 3315
Last post March 11, 2009, 12:08:51 PM
by Mr. Fix-It
L2006-028 Samsung 2 Door 2 Drawer SxS Refrigerator Service Manual

Started by AJ

Replies: 0
Views: 2328
Last post August 20, 2009, 01:05:28 PM
by AJ
Whirlpool Refrigerator ED27DQXAB04 Ice Maker Not Working

Started by AJ

Replies: 1
Views: 1729
Last post December 29, 2011, 12:02:46 PM
by bigbuck
Maytag Refrigerator Stopped Working

Started by jlsims68

Replies: 3
Views: 3383
Last post December 07, 2009, 05:22:19 AM
by RegUS_PatOff
Side By Side Clean Steel Refrigerator water is not working..

Started by help with dryer

Replies: 5
Views: 3021
Last post March 16, 2010, 07:32:14 AM
by Repair-man