Author Topic: GE GTR11AAPARWW  (Read 2036 times)

Offline ApplianceTech

• VIP Member
Re: GE GTR11AAPARWW
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2013, 11:32:54 PM »
Head psi a little low need to be about 150 a hot box would be a little higher then drop to 150 psi. Did you weight in the gas with a charging tube??? :oops: no Guessing this way. 

Offline haroldsappliance

• Technician
    • Appliance repair
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2013, 04:48:12 AM »
Intermittant cooling. Replaced all the sensors, worked for a bit, then found the compressor not running with power to the compressor.  Replaced the compressor today, compressor runs at 1.0-0.9a, suction press 3#, discharge press 125# runs the condenser and evap fans constantly.  After replacing the compressor, I had the freezer at about -15 then later in the day it was at 30, fans running. Any ideas?
Here you say comp was not running with voltage present at compressor. Now this sounds like a faulty compressor start component.

Offline generaltech1

• Technician
  • 20 yrs combined appliance and hvacr
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2013, 01:55:36 PM »
First off let me apologize, i kinda screwed the pooch on this one. The actual model # is GTH22SBRARBS, I had another one I was working on with the previously posted #. Sorry.

Anyway, when I had power to the compressor, I checked the compressor and start kit and found an open winding on the compressor, but this had been over time it wasnt all on the same day. Thats why I replaced the compressor.
Now the compressor runs, but not consistently, I can get the freezer down to -15f, and ff down below 20f. today its running but I found the evap fan not running, the condenser fan running, compressor not running, no power to the compressor, but its -15 in the freezer below 20 in the ff compartment. Are the fans supposed to run all the time? Or does the evap fan run till satisfied and the condenser fan runs all the time? Im not familiar with what the sequence of operation is supposed to be, I have no tech info on these. 

Offline generaltech1

• Technician
  • 20 yrs combined appliance and hvacr
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2013, 08:20:57 PM »
Well..after letting it run for a few days, I found that relays on the motherboard were sticking. I would find it not running, so I would tap the relays with a screwdriver and it would come to life. So I have a motherboard on the way, thanks for all who responded, and sorry for the screw up.

Offline domain

• Technician
« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2013, 08:33:13 PM »
No problem.... THANK YOU! :D