365-Day Hassle Free Return Policy!  ·  AppliancePartsPros.com
Washer Parts  ·  Dryer Parts  ·  Refrigerator Parts  ·  Dishwasher Parts  ·  Range & Oven Parts  ·  All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Appliance Zone.Com  (Read 432 times)

Offline Brent@CanBC

• Technician
Appliance Zone.Com
« on: February 28, 2013, 01:24:15 AM »
Just wondering if you techs have delt with ApplianceZone.com   I have looked at their pricing of parts and all that, and have read 124 posts on problems with dealing with them,  and wondering what your take is with them etc.  I have never heard of them, till I was doing a search and have been comparing pricing etc, so then found all the negitive responses from people that have delt with them, so I am in stop mode here.  Any response one way or the other, thanks,  Brent@CanBC :thanks:

Offline haroldsappliance

• Technician
    • Appliance repair
Re: Appliance Zone.Com
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2013, 06:00:04 AM »
Sounds like you just answered your own question. I've never heard on them.

Offline tgoods

• Technician
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2013, 09:50:29 AM »
I used them once when I needed a part quickly and they were the only place that had it in stock. Well, it turned they didn't have it in stock but they didn't bother to tell me that when I ordered it. And there was no communication about ETA or anything, I just had to wait, along with my unhappy customer.

Offline Johns Repair

• VIP Member
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2013, 07:14:22 PM »
I had the same problem with them. I even called to check stock while I was on-line placing the order. Days later I call to see why its not in yet, they say its on B/O! I canceled my order and told them that I don't deal with businesses that lie to get my orders. Never used them again. I saw that on there shipping it takes at least 2 days before they even pull your parts to ship!!

Offline MajorApp

• Technician
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2013, 10:28:42 PM »
Appliance"Twilight"Zone. Sears will do the same thing sometimes.

Offline ramwash

• Technician
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2013, 01:10:35 AM »
I have used them twice, they can take along time to ship the parts to you and their customer service is non existence, they will tell you the parts are in stock when they are not, They are about 30% cheaper than buying here in Australia, The company that I have found with  great customer service and quick shipping is www.partsking.com  (for laundry parts ), if the parts are not in stock they will let you know and will also let you know when they will have it in stock, they also were slightly cheaper that appliancezone.
I am stuck with appliancezone for fridge parts, if you guys know of anyone better let us all know, problem is not many US parts companies ship to Australia.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2013, 01:12:38 AM by ramwash »

Offline AJ

• Technician
    Administrator
    • ApplianceJunk.com - Appliance Repair
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2013, 07:32:26 AM »
I am stuck with appliancezone for fridge parts, if you guys know of anyone better let us all know, problem is not many US parts companies ship to Australia.

You can't get refrigerator parts in Australia? I thought most appliance models sold outside the U.S. where different then what we see here anyway so how are U.S. parts suppliers able to get parts for Australia appliance models?

How long does it take for you to get parts shipped from the United States?

How often do you order parts from the United States?

Our parts affiliate www.repairclinic.com ships to Canada.

Offline ramwash

• Technician
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2013, 05:17:33 PM »
we can get refrigerator parts here in Australia, but we are charged a premium for GE, Maytag, Jennair Parts so its works out cheaper to buy from the US.
for example the ge electronic board is both 110v and 240v and appliancezone and patrsking both sell 240v parts
for wr51x397 in Australia we are charged $157.00 appliancezone is $98.00
Wr51x10021 in Australia $118.00 appliancezone $71.00
these are just two examples and its plus postage from the US, So I dont just order one part I would place a big order (same postage cost )
shipping time, once posted is around 7-10 days
I would order from the US around 4 times per year I have also purchased parts from ebay.com as well as ebay.com.au

many refrigerators are very similar for example Samsung and GE, Maytag and Jennair only difference compressor and defrost heater are 240 volts and we have the same problems as you guys have, Samsung ice build up etc
The speedqueen washing machine sold here has the same gearbox, hub and seal kit etc only the electricals are 240volts and I would suspect the lg and Samsung washing machine to be identical to the ones sold in the US only here they are  240 volts

Offline andersenappliance

• Technician
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2013, 07:21:53 PM »
Appliance Zone is horrible.  They use the same distributor that Appliance Parts Pros does; Distr. Services Int'l -  a Marcone company.  They have absolutely no number to call if you have problems.  I have had lots of problems.  Commonly have been informed of a part back-ordered by reading the shipping invoice that came with the shipment missing the part.  They promise to e-mail you to tell you when it will be in, but never have yet.  If you contact them, you will get lies and excuses, never the true story.  They often will ship to you by the cheapest possible route, no matter what you paid them for shipping.  Once they shipped an order to me, via fedex, to the post office to be delivered on its final leg.

They have good prices because they pay no employees.  The whole company is run like an answering service, minus the phones.

I have used them on occasion, after giving up on them, because they will sell ERP and other aftermarket parts, and they won't charge me sales tax in California.  These are only orders that I can wait on, nothing that has to be here for a customer.

If you need your parts for a customer, stay away from Appliance Zone.

Offline ramwash

• Technician
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2013, 02:51:03 AM »
I have just placed an order with appliancezone, they said both parts where in stock,  but I wouldnt be surprised to find out the parts are not in stock.
I will let you know how this order goes, also I paid with paypal so any problems I will lodge a complaint

Wanted: Your appliance repair photos....

Started by AJ

Replies: 7
Views: 247
Last post November 08, 2013, 05:59:03 PM
by geebeegee
Weirdest thing you have ever found in an appliance?

Started by AJ

Replies: 46
Views: 761
Last post November 21, 2013, 10:02:11 AM
by ACEAPPLIANCE
Appliance Repair Resources

Started by AJ

Replies: 49
Views: 3990
Last post April 22, 2015, 08:49:43 AM
by tlzfixer
Appliance Jobs on Google Base