Author Topic: Whirlpool Cabrio F51  (Read 105 times)

Offline hocky88

• VIP Member
Whirlpool Cabrio F51
« on: February 25, 2014, 01:44:51 PM »
Hello to all I own a few Whirlpool Cabrio washers (WTW6600SW1) as I just purchased a broken unit so I now have two of them to repair.  I purchased mine in 2006, and I need to install bearings and will accomplish this on the upcoming weekend.  I have replaced both cards and had to repair my display console as my start button broke.  It has been quite a ride...For the other unit, I saw it advertised as broken, and I figured I would buy to gather some spare parts but was surprised to find that it was hardly used, but has the dreaded F51 code.  This one is new to me.  I have the L80 service manual for the unit so I understand that this code is for the rotary position sensor.  I must say it has me puzzled.  It passes the manual diagnostic test as I can actually watch each light on the display light as I turn the basket slowly which makes me think all should be fine, but it is not.  It fails the manual speed test as it quickly displays the F51 code.  I have swapped control boards (both units contain the W10189966 REVC boards) with my working unit and it did not help so I am presuming that my control board is not an issue.  I understand that the recommended repair is to replace the harness and sensor using a kit.  Well, I am just wondering what the issue is with the harness and/or the sensor?  I did continuity testing on the harness even though I could clearly see that the wires were working in the manual test and it passed all of the testing.  Is there such a thing as marginal continuity?  Is it a connector issue?  I just figured before I spent more money, that I could resolve the issue with the parts that I have as they all seem to be working somewhat.  And how about the sensor? Are the really that different? Can I buy one and use it or is the kit absolutely required?  Any thoughts?  Appreciate the help and if I can help anyone with their Cabrio, I have learned quite a bit!

Offline hocky88

• VIP Member
Re: Whirlpool Cabrio F51
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2014, 01:53:04 PM »
And, if there are ways to check some of the other parts that are not covered in the manual that would be great!  There is one confusing item in the manual.  It states that I should measure 16 ohms across the terminals of the stator and/or at the P5 connector. Well, I measured 30 ohms.  I would have been concerned but I checked on my working unit and it also measures 30 ohms so is that ok or should I be measuring 16 ohms.  Thanks so much!

Whirlpool Cabrio

Started by Digger

Replies: 5
Views: 6098
Last post September 13, 2008, 09:26:23 AM
by AJ
Whirlpool Cabrio Washer F51 Error

Started by TechnicianBrian

Replies: 4
Views: 13203
Last post February 26, 2014, 12:18:12 AM
by hocky88