Author Topic: ksrg25fkbt04 Kitchenaid Ice Maker Will Not add Water for the Ice Tray  (Read 981 times)

Offline King-Pin

• VIP Member
Faithful Members,

Hello.  I am new to the forum, but not so new to trying to fix my appliances.  Anyhow, I have a KitchenAid ksrg25fkbt04 with the 4322658A R-92 8-cube Ice Maker.  To make a long story short, the tray heater was not turning off after the Harvest cycle and thus my freezer and part of my basement were almost flooded.  No problem, I figure it has to be the emitter control boards as there were no other control boards that I could find that interacted with the Ice Maker.

I ordered the control boards and installed them today (they looked identical to the ones I took out except the capacitors on the new boards were bigger in size), along with the stripper bracket on account that I broke the last one. . .  anyway everything was cool, but now it wouldn't make ice.  After running through the diagnostics (jumpering the motor and such), the led flashed 3 times and then stopped. 

In accordance to the WHIRLPOOL & KITCHENAID INDOOR ICE SYSTEM manual on pg 5-7 it states that the emitter board does not sense the ice maker.
"3 PULSES, repeated once, indicates the optics and relay are okay, but the ice maker is not being sensed, or will not operate. If this happens:
Check the bail arm switch to make sure it is On.  <-- Is the the On / OFF switch for the Ice Maker?
Check the ice maker circuit and the connections back to the receiver board and neutral.  <-- Not sure which connector this is talking about
Check the ice maker components. "

I removed the motor assembly and cleaned all the connections and checked the continuity of the wiring.  I am now thinking that the water inlet valve may be bad, but water is dispensing from the front of the freezer door. . . .  it just wont dispense into the ice tray. . . . .

Ugh, I'm tired and don't know what else to do.  Your help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Ken

Offline tgoods

• Technician
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
Re: ksrg25fkbt04 Kitchenaid Ice Maker Will Not add Water for the Ice Tray
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2013, 12:26:43 AM »
The only thing the emitter/receiver board does is shut off power to the icemaker when the ice bin is full. Since the icemaker flooded, it probably got stuck on the fill cycle.  Replace the icemaker module or the complete icemaker,.

Offline haroldsappliance

• Technician
    • Appliance repair
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2013, 05:29:43 AM »
Probably should have replaced icemaker.

Offline King-Pin

• VIP Member
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2013, 06:28:09 AM »
Thanks fellas.  Is this the same ice maker that is avail be from Lowes?

Offline tgoods

• Technician
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2013, 10:22:35 AM »
The Lowes icemaker should work. You'll have to swap the ice stripper and wire harness.   A W10190965 will work, too.

Offline King-Pin

• VIP Member
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2013, 11:58:10 AM »
Ok, I'll head in that direction.

If it's not too much trouble, can someone explain what in the ice maker itself might cause this problem (not being sensed by the emitter/receiver boards)?  The only "circuitry" i can see is the thermostat and the motor, both of which seem to function correctly.

Thanks again!

Ken

Offline tgoods

• Technician
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2013, 04:57:17 PM »
The flooding makes me think it's a bad module.  I replace a lot of modules on these.  It's possible it was a stuck water inlet valve. If the valve has a small leak, it can plug the fill tube with ice. I never use the diagnostics on these.  I bypass the receiver board, then, if the icemaker works I know the emitter/receiver boards need replacing. To bypass the receiver board, use an insulated paper clip and jump the black to the black wire with a white stripe. Check the inlet valve for continuity.  If it's infinite, it's bad. Fill the icemaker with water.  If it dumps the ice, the icemaker is probably good and the problem is with the water delivery.

Video: Testing - Connect and disconnect a push-in ice maker water fill valve

Started by AJ

Replies: 0
Views: 16336
Last post July 30, 2007, 05:53:38 PM
by AJ
No water from dispenser-ice maker working-replaced valve inlet

Started by Evan

Replies: 2
Views: 3064
Last post August 18, 2007, 05:17:53 PM
by Evan
How to replacing water line in freezer door for Ice maker?

Started by jet713

Replies: 2
Views: 4515
Last post August 21, 2008, 10:33:33 PM
by BrntToast
KitchenAid Side by SIde Ice Dispenser issues and water

Started by santarosa

Replies: 6
Views: 5693
Last post October 23, 2008, 03:22:29 PM
by santarosa
No water at dispenser - ice maker working fine

Started by drstroud

Replies: 6
Views: 4588
Last post October 30, 2008, 09:37:43 AM
by Repair-man
Kitchenaid Refrigerator Leaking Water Dispenser.

Started by TechnicianBrian

Replies: 1
Views: 13642
Last post February 01, 2011, 07:00:04 AM
by jumptrout51